jlmazzola

Big Bend
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I haven’t seen any usefull info on this subject, so im going to have my baby bronco go under the knife professionally later today and upload photos of the job & will try to provide as much detail as possible. FYI I have the Bronco Sport Big Bend (6 Speaker),

*UPDATE* Pictures Below!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice, if you install the sub woofer in the oem place please send all the info... size, required wiring, etc .
I do also have a BB. Thank you in advance.

Gcshaffer

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
I haven’t seen any usefull info on this subject, so im going to have my baby bronco go under the knife professionally later today and upload photos of the job & will try to provide as much detail as possible. FYI I have the Bronco Sport Big Bend (6 Speaker),
Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
jlmazzola

jlmazzola

Big Bend
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Nice, if you install the sub woofer in the oem place please send all the info... size, required wiring, etc .
I've attached the pics! Hope it helps someone!

OP
OP
jlmazzola

jlmazzola

Big Bend
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So in case your wondering we just upgraded all speakers to the following. Using only the factory radio.

Alpine R-Series 6.5" 100 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms 2-Way Coaxial Speakers with H.A.M.R. - Pair (RS652)

Changing to a coax speaker meant I got to also keep and use the factory tweeters in the upper dash.

The sub of choice for me was Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-10 which was absolutely awesome.

OP
OP
jlmazzola

jlmazzola

Big Bend
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Unfortunately the OEM place was only an 8 inch speaker area TOPS and really doesn't have enough room for anything great.

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Unfortunately the OEM place was only an 8 inch speaker area TOPS and really doesn't have enough room for anything great.
Nice details, nice pictures, the oem location for the sub woofer is on the left side rear seat right?

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
@jlmazzola Thanks so much for being the guinea pig and providing all these details!

Just to confirm, if I wanted to swap out the four door speakers for something better all I would need is four 6.5" speakers and two Metra 6.5" 82-7400 speaker adapters (for the front doors)?

OP
OP
jlmazzola

jlmazzola

Big Bend
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
@jlmazzola Thanks so much for being the guinea pig and providing all these details!

Just to confirm, if I wanted to swap out the four door speakers for something better all I would need is four 6.5" speakers and two Metra 6.5" 82-7400 speaker adapters (for the front doors)?
Thats right!

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Great write up! This is something I want to do when I get my vehicle back. How does the new set up sound? Could you elaborate on why you did not like the sound of the spare tire sub?

Did the wiring already exist in right rear of the cargo area for the sub?

OP
OP
jlmazzola

jlmazzola

Big Bend
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Great write up! This is something I want to do when I get my vehicle back. How does the new set up sound? Could you elaborate on why you did not like the sound of the spare tire sub?

Did the wiring already exist in right rear of the cargo area for the sub?
Thank you, so the Rockville 8 inch sub in the spare tire area was more fault to the sub itself. It was barley noticeable, the one I really wanted was the JBL BassHub 12 inch sub but It was out of stock everywhere.

My new setup is outstanding with the Alpine Type R speakers. The Rockford sub I went with is also phenomenal, very happy I don’t have tons of vibration/ratteling.

The wiring for the factory sub was NOT there either.

Tim XXX

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve got the B&O in my Badlands, but I’d like more sound for sure. I’ve been waiting to see if anyone was changing out their factory set up. Hopefully more people will chime in with their mods and convince me to move forward, lol

BroncoBell

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m absolutely interested in replacing the speakers in my OB w/o the OB package. Quick questions:

1 - do you have to remove the whole door panel, or can you just pop off the speaker grill? Did the panels easily pop off, or was there a struggle? When you popped the panels back on, were they tight?

2 - what color speaker wire was used to tap into the sub? And did you tap into the front or back speakers?
Sponsored