BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I do have a strut making a lot of noise in the front, I've got an appointment at the dealership to look at it this week. There is a recall on the rear suspension.
@Jsober84 did you find anything out about the noise and the recall from the dealer?

OP
OP

Jsober84

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
@Jsober84 did you find anything out about the noise and the recall from the dealer?
The noise ended up being sway bar completely mechanics fault. As for the recall it was just an inspection everything was fine on the rear suspension. Ford honored warranty even with the lift.

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
The noise ended up being sway bar completely mechanics fault. As for the recall it was just an inspection everything was fine on the rear suspension. Ford honored warranty even with the lift.
I had the Rough Country lift put on today, and it is making a lot of clunking noise over bumps, like something is loose for a lack of a better description. The shop is checking with RC to see if it may be a design flaw.
is this what you were experiencing, and what Exactly did they do if you know to fix it?

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
@Jsober84 (or someone with similar setup) could you do me a favor, can you measure the total height of the bronco (from the ground to the top of the oem roof rails.

I have a low clearance garage door and wondering if the BS with my mods in mind(1.5" lift and 245/65/17) will fit or whether it will have to live outside, that would determine whether a remote start is a must or not.

PS before some captain obvious replies with "why don't you google it" I am looking for a real world measurement not a google "guestimate".

Last edited:

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you are not getting any noise from the front now? Thanks for any input.

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

So the fix was the sway bar? No more noise from the front end?? Any clunking noises over bumps etc??

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
@Jsober84 (or someone with similar setup) could you do me a favor, can you measure the total height of the bronco (from the ground to the top of the oem roof rails.

I have a low clearance garage door and wondering if the BS with my mods in mind(1.5" lift and 245/65/17) will fit or whether it will have to live outside, that would determine whether a remote start is a must or not.

PS before some captain obvious replies with "why don't you google it" I am looking for a real world measurement not a google "guestimate".
Sorry I can't measure what I don't have yet, but with the nominal 71.4" height (base/BB/OB?), a 1.5" additional lift, the already 1" "lift" on a BL (with different suspension and optional wheel and tire) vs. the base/BB/OB, plus the 0.25" "lift" of the P245/65-R17 tire vs. that optional BL P235/65-R17, that's 71.4 + 1.5 + 1 + 0.25 = 74.15" tall overall by my estimate. I'm betting NONE of this includes the stick or fin antenna on the back though. I have a "normal-clearance" garage door, and have my door opener adjusted about as high as I dare without hitting the bump stop, and at 6'3" I walk through with a good 7+ inches extra clearance. So I'd expect 82"+ clearance NORMALLY -- that stick/fin adds 7-8" I'd guess, so MIGHT hit my garage door unless I can tweak another 1"-2" out of that garage door adjustment. This with a BL with your mods. Without, I'd expect 72.4" height -- maybe 80.4" counting the antenna -- and getting in and out of my garage just fine barring those mods. But keep in mind also, that fin antenna by itself sticks up above the roof rails too, by a good inch, maybe 2.

How tall (or low) is your garage door opening?

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
Sorry I can't measure what I don't have yet, but with the nominal 71.4" height (base/BB/OB?), a 1.5" additional lift, the already 1" "lift" on a BL (with different suspension and optional wheel and tire) vs. the base/BB/OB, plus the 0.25" "lift" of the P245/65-R17 tire vs. that optional BL P235/65-R17, that's 71.4 + 1.5 + 1 + 0.25 = 74.15" tall overall by my estimate. I'm betting NONE of this includes the stick or fin antenna on the back though. I have a "normal-clearance" garage door, and have my door opener adjusted about as high as I dare without hitting the bump stop, and at 6'3" I walk through with a good 7+ inches extra clearance. So I'd expect 82"+ clearance NORMALLY -- that stick/fin adds 7-8" I'd guess, so MIGHT hit my garage door unless I can tweak another 1"-2" out of that garage door adjustment. This with a BL with your mods. Without, I'd expect 72.4" height -- maybe 80.4" counting the antenna -- and getting in and out of my garage just fine barring those mods. But keep in mind also, that fin antenna by itself sticks up above the roof rails too, by a good inch, maybe 2.

How tall (or low) is your garage door opening?
Base height in non BL+FE is 70.4" as measured at a local dealer and my clearance is 73", as I mentioned guestimates don't always translate to real world accuracy, a 1.5" lift doesn't always equate to 1.5" taller off the ground, some refer to 1.5" of suspension travel/articulation etc, too many variables which is why I am looking for someone to do me the favor and measure it.

Being able to fit inside the garage can determine whether I get an available BB at the dealer and mod it to "BL height" and give up waiting on my BL or continue waiting, I live in the frozen tundra known as MN and have a heated garage which is my favorite feature of this house(heated 3.5 car garage with a "loft" on top or as my buddies call it "the perfect man-cave").

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Base height in non BL+FE is 70.4" as measured at a local dealer and my clearance is 73", as I mentioned guestimates don't always translate to real world accuracy, a 1.5" lift doesn't always equate to 1.5" taller off the ground, some refer to 1.5" of suspension travel/articulation etc, too many variables which is why I am looking for someone to do me the favor and measure it.

Being able to fit inside the garage can determine whether I get an available BB at the dealer and mod it to "BL height" and give up waiting on my BL or continue waiting, I live in the frozen tundra known as MN and have a heated garage which is my favorite feature of this house(heated 3.5 car garage with a "loft" on top or as my buddies call it "the perfect man-cave").
You're going to be too tall with a 73" clearance. A BL with the optional tire and wheel might get through with the stick antenna removed and 1"-2" to spare -- but not with your other mods (even bigger tires and additional 1.5" lift). Opinion worth what you paid for it...

EDIT: if you're starting out with that 70.4" BB, you might scrape through -- still removing the stick antenna each time I'd think.

Last edited:

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
I had the Rough Country lift put on today, and it is making a lot of clunking noise over bumps, like something is loose for a lack of a better description. The shop is checking with RC to see if it may be a design flaw.
is this what you were experiencing, and what Exactly did they do if you know to fix it?
I have this same problem. Clunking sounds when going over bumps. Wish I knew what the issue was.

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Nice. Those say they are 29.7in tall which would be a good jump from the stockers. So if those fit before you lifted it, how big do you think you could fit now? Do you think 31s would fit on those factory rims?

If you've got any pics of the clearance with the wheels locked out that would be awesome!
The issue with going bigger isn’t height its width. Your pretty ok in the rear, but the front will rub when turning. I’m not tripping on bigger tires right now, my 245s fit the car well in my opinion
Sponsored