Outer Banks
First Name
Charlotte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi There!

I have been following other threads on here closely as I move through my order process and have done plenty of research on how this is supposed to work. I wanted some specific insight from this community since our dealer has not been very helpful. We placed our Bronco Sport Outerbanks order on 04/12/21, and was given a build date of 06/28/21. We were issued a window sticker around that time and were able to check in on our order via the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website. The only thing that has changed since 06/28/21 has been the date above "In Production" which has switched from 6/29/21 to 7/12/21. I suspect this is from the Hermosillo plant "breaks". Our order is still "In Production", which confuses me because I thought the vehicle only took 3-4 days to assemble. Last week my dealer informed me that our vehicle was not impacted by the chip shortage, however today he emailed saying on his end it notes " micro chip at plant in hold" but they did add an estimated delivery date of 8/13. My questions for the community: 1. Has anyone else experienced a chip shortage, how long did it take them to remedy it? 2. Why would they begin to build our vehicle if they didn't have enough chips? 3. How long did your vehicle sit "In Production" until it was shipped. I hear rumors that (yesterday) July 20th, Hermosillo went on break again and will not start production until Sept. 28th. So is this estimated delivery date B.S.? Any stories you have or information would be helpful. Our window sticker also indicates RAIL which I heard can take a little longer to arrive. I just can't wait to see "In Production" change to "Built"! Did I mention I am pregnant and needing this car because my Mustang will not accommodate a baby seat lol.
Sponsored

MemUser

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Mine has been in production since 6-18. Its waiting on a chip. I would imagine yours is too which is why it says in production and not built. Just my guess.

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Mine has been in production “on hold for a micro chip” for 6 weeks now. I think pretty much all the window stickers show “Rail” because all are initially shipped that way and then transfer over to convoy the rest of the way to the dealership.
Most of us now have ETA’s of Oct 31 or Nov 3. My dealership told me those dates mean nothing, yet I have seen where other people have been told those dates are in fact accurate.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi There!

I have been following other threads on here closely as I move through my order process and have done plenty of research on how this is supposed to work. I wanted some specific insight from this community since our dealer has not been very helpful. We placed our Bronco Sport Outerbanks order on 04/12/21, and was given a build date of 06/28/21. We were issued a window sticker around that time and were able to check in on our order via the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website. The only thing that has changed since 06/28/21 has been the date above "In Production" which has switched from 6/29/21 to 7/12/21. I suspect this is from the Hermosillo plant "breaks". Our order is still "In Production", which confuses me because I thought the vehicle only took 3-4 days to assemble. Last week my dealer informed me that our vehicle was not impacted by the chip shortage, however today he emailed saying on his end it notes " micro chip at plant in hold" but they did add an estimated delivery date of 8/13. My questions for the community: 1. Has anyone else experienced a chip shortage, how long did it take them to remedy it? 2. Why would they begin to build our vehicle if they didn't have enough chips? 3. How long did your vehicle sit "In Production" until it was shipped. I hear rumors that (yesterday) July 20th, Hermosillo went on break again and will not start production until Sept. 28th. So is this estimated delivery date B.S.? Any stories you have or information would be helpful. Our window sticker also indicates RAIL which I heard can take a little longer to arrive. I just can't wait to see "In Production" change to "Built"! Did I mention I am pregnant and needing this car because my Mustang will not accommodate a baby seat lol.
First off congratulations! Kids are life changing. A lot depends on a lot of factors and this is the worst year for new orders.
1)big dealers with code 10 are completed faster than smaller market/volume/allotment orders
2) OB with OB package requires more chips. Moonroof is unobtanium. Tow package is extra chips- to that end they are building cars minus missing chips/modules and starting to ship incomplete for dealers to install the complete module not just inserting a chip which is honestly better.
3)delivery, depending where you are, it has been faster than estimates. Mine was set for May 28 arrival, it was in my garage by May 7. Ordered through a large volume dealer and it moved through the system quickly but, no badlands package, no 360+ no moonroof. Just tow package and oversize tires. A LOT of factors. If you have a 8/13 it MIGHT arrive sooner. If not maybe talk to your dealer about trading your mustang contingent on the bronco build and see if they can give you a service vehicle in the mean time?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
If not maybe talk to your dealer about trading your mustang contingent on the bronco build and see if they can give you a service vehicle in the mean time?
Not speaking for the OP, but in general. In my area, which is not too small, there are no "service vehicles" to be had. Even sizable dealerships have sold all they had to stay afloat. I know someone needing warranty work that was referred to Enterprise Rental to get their own car at their own expense. Mileage may vary, but we're not all in Ford Mecca. :)

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not speaking for the OP, but in general. In my area, which is not too small, there are no "service vehicles" to be had. Even sizable dealerships have sold all they had to stay afloat. I know someone needing warranty work that was referred to Enterprise Rental to get their own car at their own expense. Mileage may vary, but we're not all in Ford Mecca. :)
Solid point. And supporting that, the dealer I bought from has 100+ vehicles on its lot. The dealer closer to me has two F150 new used or otherwise and probably 30 cars total so yeah that's a pretty valid point. Never hurts to ask, the worst answer is no.
Sponsored