RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Wasn't there somebody on here a while back swearing it was OK to rotate the wiper arms manually?

Reactions: Jrl

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I’ve moved mine manually a few times to clean under where the blades rest. Always move them back to the resting position before turning the car back on.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yes. Someone pointed out that you can move them and then several people, including me, have repeated it.

If you don't want to bother with clicking the link or if it expires, here is what it says:

SSM 50200 - 2021 Bronco Sport, 2022 Maverick - Front Wiper Arm(s) Or Wiper Blade(s) Replacement Service Procedure Tips On 2021 Bronco Sport and 2022 Maverick vehicles, when replacing wiper blades or wiper arms, damage to the wiper motors may occur if the following steps are not followed prior to using the Workshop Manual (WSM) procedure in Section 501-16. To remove the wiper blades: 1. Place ignition key in accessory position (vehicles with keys) or key inside the vehicle (vehicles with intelligent access), press the Start-Stop button without applying the brake pedal. 2. Activate the wipers using the stalk switch. Do not manually rotate the wiper arms and blades. Damage to the wiper motor may occur. 3. When the wipers are at mid travel, move the key to the off position (units with keys) or press the Start-Stop button again to leave the wipers in a service position. Service the wiper blades once the wiper arms are at the mid travel position using the procedure in the Owner's Manual.

By the way, this is a total cop-out. If this is an important step, then it should be IN the owner's guide. It is not. Here is the detail presented in the guide for changing the wiper.
Ford Bronco Sport Important TSB regarding changing the wiper blades Capture.JPG

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve used this procedure on my other vehicles, makes changing the drivers side wiper much easier.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Thank you. Not looking forward to cleaning that windshield wiper chasm full of ice and snow
yup. not looking forward to it either ....

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Coming from a snowy climate, let me tell you, it's the absolute worst, haha. :curse:
My '90 Ford Probe had wipers that went under the cowl. It had a feature that by changing the slot the wiper fuse was in, the wipers would stay up on the glass in what was called the "winter" position.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My '90 Ford Probe had wipers that went under the cowl. It had a feature that by changing the slot the wiper fuse was in, the wipers would stay up on the glass in what was called the "winter" position.
My '06 VW GTI and '16 Golf R had a wiper service position. You put the car into accessory, bump the wiper stalk, and it'd put them at the other end of the wiping range of motion. Ford wanting us to time cutting the car off to land roughly in the service position is kind of disappointing, considering how easy and obvious VW's (and many others, I'm sure) solution was. Still pretty inconsequential, but those little things can add up to an overall feeling of quality and thoughtfulness.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I have never moved the wipers by hand with the key off, I always turn the key to on or acces & turn on the wipers until they are u at the top of the windshield then turn off the key to replace the blades.

Jocker

Base
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport