If your second choice color was available now at a dealership would you go for it?

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
I just got my build date, May 10. I ordered the Sport Outer Banks with a few package add ins. I chose Area 51 with a navy pier interior. My second choice color was Cactus Grey. There’s one available at another dealership with all the same features I have on my build except for the colors, CG with the ebony/brown interior. Would anyone here go for their second choice if you could get it now?
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well yes, except we don't get the same seating choices in the Badlands -- it's Brown/Ebony or the highway (only avail. in Badlands add-on pkg.). But I would go with a Cactus Gray, Oxford White, or Area 51 Badlands fully loaded -- INCLUDING the optional wheel and tire package (it's a steal at only $795 for both, to get the "steelies" if you REALLY want them on the Badlands). If was shopping an Outer Banks I'd jump on that one already on the lot, I'm a little worn out on Area 51 and liking Cactus Gray better every day.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
No - I need to get all of this salt off the roads before I take delivery. I want to treat it underneath the chassis with a corrosion inhibitor and don't want any salt anywhere before I do it.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I just got my build date, May 10. I ordered the Sport Outer Banks with a few package add ins. I chose Area 51 with a navy pier interior. My second choice color was Cactus Grey. There’s one available at another dealership with all the same features I have on my build except for the colors, CG with the ebony/brown interior. Would anyone here go for their second choice if you could get it now?
Absolutely!!

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
I've hummed and hawed about it but have decided nope, I'm waiting for EXACTLY what I want even if it means a mid-summer delivery! I tend to keep my vehicles for a decade or more (some as long as two decades) so as much as I want to go play in the snow and the mountains with my new Badlands immediately...I'd hate to be kicking myself 2-3 years down the road when the initial novelty and honeymoon phase is over, and I realise I'm looking at potentially another decade with my Baby Bronc that wasn't my optimal build.

I did the same thing with my factory-ordered Flex in 2008. Could have bought a red one with a white roof same day, but would have had to live with it. Instead, waited for my factory order which I got in late March 2009 and now still enjoying my Cinnamon Brown with colour-matched roof to this day.

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
My first pick was Area 51. Cactus Grey was my second. I most certainly would of taken CG if it was available first.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I've hummed and hawed about it but have decided nope, I'm waiting for EXACTLY what I want even if it means a mid-summer delivery! I tend to keep my vehicles for a decade or more (some as long as two decades) so as much as I want to go play in the snow and the mountains with my new Badlands immediately...I'd hate to be kicking myself 2-3 years down the road when the initial novelty and honeymoon phase is over, and I realise I'm looking at potentially another decade with my Baby Bronc that wasn't my optimal build.

I did the same thing with my factory-ordered Flex in 2008. Could have bought a red one with a white roof same day, but would have had to live with it. Instead, waited for my factory order which I got in late March 2009 and now still enjoying my Cinnamon Brown with colour-matched roof to this day.
Well, as I'm a little ticked at the dealer right now because he placed my order 17 days after I put my deposit down...I probably would settle for a second or third choice color. My order is a Cactus Gray BL+BL...I would settle for Oxford White or Iconic Silver.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Well, as I'm a little ticked at the dealer right now because he placed my order 17 days after I put my deposit down...I probably would settle for a second or third choice color. My order is a Cactus Gray BL+BL...I would settle for Oxford White or Iconic Silver.
That's a shame, sorry to hear about the poor service. Nothing like setting you back 2-and-a-half weeks in the queue unnecessarily. If Alto Blue had not been an option, I would have considered Carbonized Grey, Iconic Silver or Rapid Red. Never been a fan of white or black vehicles in any make as there is just too dang many of them on the road. Partly why I also shied away from Area 51 and Cactus Grey in the Bronco---I actually really like those colours, but didn't want a colour that 75% of the Bronco community seems to own right now!

Still trying to figure out why the call the other colour "Cyber Orange" when it sure looks yellow to me. Maybe I'm just colour blind.

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
As a qualifier, I am very particular.

I would.
And I did.
Wanted a full sized Ford Bronco Badlands 4 door in A51.
Decided i would "settle" for a Bronco Sport Badlands w/Badlands package in Cactus Grey.
Compromised for a Bronco Sport First Edition, my 3rd choice, in Area 51, my second color choice.
A51 is my 1st color choice in the retro styled full sized, but my second choice in the more modern Sport.

Context: My previously leased vehicle had already been returned. And no one associated with Ford could tell me when I could expect to get exactly what I wanted in either Bronco. Delays are unfortunately contagious at this point and the Bronco Sport, with all of the physical options you want, is a very (very) good compromise.

Daniel

P.S. There are a couple of color options I never would have ordered that turned out to be absolutely stunning; Alto blue and Kodiak brown. So keep an open eye for a color surprise or two.

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Got my first choice. Shadow black.
For a second it would not matter in the least as I like all the other colors equally.
Except for white because My trade in was white and I was tired of white.
Come to think of it the last three vehicles I've had were all white but that's partly because I was In The Florida sun and heat. I'd not have wanted black down there.
FWIW my favorite all time Ford color was my 2010 pony car in Candy Red.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
My first choice color was Alto Blue. I was going to order one but ended up buying a Carbonized Gray BL+BL that’s already in transit to the dealer.

Allusium7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Sports Car
I am so torn by this right now. I am trying to decide if should buy my perfect build off of the lot in Area 51, which is not my first color choice, or order and not have my car for many months. The temptation for immediate gratification......

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I am so torn by this right now. I am trying to decide if should buy my perfect build off of the lot in Area 51, which is not my first color choice, or order and not have my car for many months. The temptation for immediate gratification......
Do you like the Area 51 color ?
Yes: Buy it.
Hate it : Don’t Buy it
Hate it but having a lease end on you ? Get it repainted to a different color or extend the lease and wait
It should not be to hard to figure that out.
I didn’t have any color preference, got my baby bronco off the lot in Cactus gray.

Allusium7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Sports Car
Do you like the Area 51 color ?
Yes: Buy it.
Hate it : Don’t Buy it
Hate it but having a lease end on you ? Get it repainted to a different color or extend the lease and wait
It should not be to hard to figure that out.
I didn’t have any color preference, got my baby bronco off the lot in Cactus gray.
That's the issue. I don't hate it but I don't love it. Shouldn't I love it? I'm ambivalent to the color but feel the pressure of picking the diamond BL model found in the rough.

I guess I could have it repainted. I wonder what ~that~ would cost. My spouse might kill me.....

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
That's the issue. I don't hate it but I don't love it. Shouldn't I love it? I'm ambivalent to the color but feel the pressure of picking the diamond BL model found in the rough.

I guess I could have it repainted. I wonder what ~that~ would cost. My spouse might kill me.....
You’re buying a new car. Get a car you love. Unless there is a critical reason to get it earlier, just wait. You don’t want to have a nagging thought if it not being perfect giving you buyers remorse.
Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored