If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
i agree to a point but Ford has not made it any easier to get some real information. I don’t believe anything I’m told at this point, especially from my dealer. I’m suspicious that they’d be happy to have me bail on my order so they can sell my badlands at 5k+ over msrp. Ford isn’t responsible but they aren’t making it any easier.
I have a buddy who works in Dearborn...they aren't trying to piss anyone off. I guarantee it. Individual shady dealers?? You have a point. I'm sorry to see all the frustration, three months ago it was all excitement. I sincerely feel for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I’m suspicious that they’d be happy to have me bail on my order so they can sell my badlands at 5k+ over msrp.
I speculated that same thing a while back.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Hate to say it, I know some are angry at Ford...it's not Ford. It's global stupid...every dealer feeling the same problem.
We can be angry at the situation, not necessarily Ford, but Ford will take the heat by association.

They could have lessened the frustration by not releasing multiple vehicles in the middle of the shortages, knowing that they couldn't deliver.
And the shady dealers ARE the customer-facing representatives for Ford Motor Company.

Don't confuse disappointment, frustration, and anger as brand-bashing, but dangling all of the goat videos and other hyped product promotion when you couldn't deliver the goods is cruel teasing.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hate to say it, I know some are angry at Ford...it's not Ford. It's global stupid...every dealer feeling the same problem.
Definitely not global. Local Ford new car lot is nearly empty. Ditto for Jeep. Local Hyundai has over 220 new vehicles. The big 3 got caught with their pants down. Honda and Toyota are just starting to feel the pinch.
I wonder how many long time and future customers will turn their backs on the big 3?
When you are ready to purchase a new vehicle you aren’t expecting a 7-8 month wait. Shades of old time Russia.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shades of old time Russia.
To be fair old time Russia was way way worse.

Looking at 4Runner here. Another poster had mentioned 4Runner TRD PRO. Those are gone apparently as all picked by now, not that I'm interested in one. Gas mileage on 4Runner is what stops me, for now.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
To be fair old time Russia was way way worse.

Looking at 4Runner here. Another poster had mentioned 4Runner TRD PRO. Those are gone apparently as all picked by now, not that I'm interested in one. Gas mileage on 4Runner is what stops me, for now.
There was talk several years back of Toyota making a smaller more fuel efficient FJ Cruiser, which would have been sized to be a good competitor for the Sport. Toyota's conservative leadership canned it and we ended up with the RAV4 Adventure and RAV4 TRD. Neither are worthy competitors. The 4Runner is too large and inefficient for me too.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was talk several years back of Toyota making a smaller more fuel efficient FJ Cruiser, which would have been sized to be a good competitor for the Sport. Toyota's conservative leadership canned it and we ended up with the RAV4 Adventure and RAV4 TRD. Neither are worthy competitors. The 4Runner is too large and inefficient for me too.
Yeah, I think I remember early prototype pictures.

As a previous generation RAV4 owner I am bias towards RAV4 and Toyota in general. After extensive research, test drive, QC issues and all it was a hard pass for me. I'm trying to talk myself into 4Runner. I don't drive that much so while I hate its dismal mileage it might not be that big of a deal for me. It's been out a long time with issues ironed out. It's old style bulletproof Toyota. It's ted too big for me but at the same time BS is ted too small, which I told myself I'll work around. Also 4Runner holds great resale value. So worst case I'll hold on to it for a few years and get BS when craziness settles down. I can still 4Runner now but am not sure any will be around a month from now. And at this point I don't trust Ford's delivery estimate. I keep yoyoing between going with 4Runner and waiting for BS.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Definitely not global. Local Ford new car lot is nearly empty. Ditto for Jeep. Local Hyundai has over 220 new vehicles. The big 3 got caught with their pants down. Honda and Toyota are just starting to feel the pinch.
I wonder how many long time and future customers will turn their backs on the big 3?
When you are ready to purchase a new vehicle you aren’t expecting a 7-8 month wait. Shades of old time Russia.
When the Big three depend on China....Japanese and Korean automakers don't. Go buy a Kia. I get that you are salty. Guarantee Ford is not happy either. Just bad timing.

Last edited:

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
After an extended test drive in a 2020 RAV4 Adventure, I agree. Last year many dealers in my region were selling them certified used after the rental fleets dumped them, 2020 being what it was. The Adventure was a disappointment and no fun to drive -- the Forester and Outback are both better, to say nothing of the Bronco Sport.

Considering how FJ Cruisers in decent shape command ridiculous prices in the used market (even before 2021), I'm surprised Toyota leadership didn't go ahead with that plan.

One reason I'm excited about the Sport and now Maverick is that they'll hopefully encourage other manufacturers to bring similar vehicles to market.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Without a doubt other manufacturers will take note of BS sales success and try to grab market share. Remember 2005 Mustang? Huge success so Dodge brought back Challenger and the Canaro came back all because of '05 Mustang.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Also 4Runner holds great resale value.
Toyota and Honda resale value are great. That a major plus for those brands for sure.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Every few days my wife asks 'how come we are not getting a big Bronco' and I say 'over year wait, more money, lower gas mileage' and she says 'oh but I like big Bronco'. Then couple days go by same conversation again...

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was checking out dealers near by. One has what looked like Area 51 in stock Bronco (not a BS one that is).
Sponsored