I reserved a full size Bronco but I want to jump ship for a Bronco Sport Badlands. Where can I buy now?

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
I think I have located and secured a Badlands with Badlands trim. I kept calling and emailing dealerships here in the NW and finally someone emailed me and said they have a customer that backed out on a Bronco Sport Badlands that should be arriving at the dealership within the next couple weeks. I put $1000 down over the phone. We will see how it works out. Hopefully other folks will be able to connect with their car as well.
Sponsored

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I think I have located and secured a Badlands with Badlands trim. I kept calling and emailing dealerships here in the NW and finally someone emailed me and said they have a customer that backed out on a Bronco Sport Badlands that should be arriving at the dealership within the next couple weeks. I put $1000 down over the phone. We will see how it works out. Hopefully other folks will be able to connect with their car as well.
great news. we need more Bronco Sports in the Pac NW! I'm outside of Snohomish

Reactions: Del

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Badlands trim units are especially difficult to find it seems. Best bet is to just et in touch with as many dealers as you can and ask them to get in touch if one shows up - then follow up every few days.

Reactions: Del

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Glad you were able to get one lined up. Did you get a color and options you like?

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Glad you were able to get one lined up. Did you get a color and options you like?
Yes! The only thing I would not have ordered is the dealer installed cross bars for $340.00. This one is Carobonized Gray ext. with Badlands Ebony Roast int. He had also ordered floor mats. Since I'm going to be financing, I don't think it's great to add a bunch of stuff that could be purchased separately. Now I'm locked into financing cross bars...lol. No big deal though.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes! The only thing I would not have ordered is the dealer installed cross bars for $340.00. This one is Carobonized Gray ext. with Badlands Ebony Roast int. He had also ordered floor mats. Since I'm going to be financing, I don't think it's great to add a bunch of stuff that could be purchased separately. Now I'm locked into financing cross bars...lol. No big deal though.
I also got the crossbars because I didn't know what aftermarket or Ford licensed options would be available when I ordered in July. They look fine, I just hope they're not super loud on the highway because they're quite a bit taller than the ones I saw available from Thule. I'm also interested in a Thule cargo box on top, so I'm hoping it will work as well with the OEM crossbars as the the Thule ones or I may have to swap them out.

I got 42k Ford Pass Rewards when I bought my vehicle and used almost all of them on the rubber floor mats, so keep that in mind for other accessory purchases you may want to add later. You should get close to or the same amount of points for a Badlands purchase.

Edit: Everybody that buys a Bronco Sport will get 42k rewards points, regardless of trim. Ford gives the same amount for all gas engine cars.

Last edited:

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I also got the crossbars because I didn't know what aftermarket or Ford licensed options would be available when I ordered in July. They look fine, I just hope they're not super loud on the highway because they're quite a bit taller than the ones I saw available from Thule. I'm also interested in a Thule cargo box on top, so I'm hoping it will work as well with the OEM crossbars as the the Thule ones or I may have to swap them out.

I got 42k Ford Pass Rewards when I bought my vehicle and used almost all of them on the rubber floor mats, so keep that in mind for other accessory purchases you may want to add later. You should get close to or the same amount of points for a Badlands purchase.
How long did it take you to receive your 42k Ford Pass Rewards? I purchased my car 12/30 and I still haven't received my rewards and my all-weather mats came in yesterday. I'm sure I can find other accessories to purchase if they don't show up today or tomorrow when I pick up the mats... :)

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long did it take you to receive your 42k Ford Pass Rewards? I purchased my car 12/30 and I still haven't received my rewards and my all-weather mats came in yesterday. I'm sure I can find other accessories to purchase if they don't show up today or tomorrow when I pick up the mats... :)
I got mine I think the same day or the next day with my Bronco Sport. You have to download the Ford Pass app and link the vehicle to it for this to happen. Not sure if you've done that yet.

That said, I bought another Ford in October and the points never showed up even though I had connected the car to the app while I was still at the dealership. I had to call the tech support number for Ford Pass Rewards and eventually got to somebody that helped me out with it. They showed up less than 24 hours after I called them.

To pay for the floormats with my points I had to call the service dept. to get them to set up a repair order for the parts dept. It felt a little backwards, but whatever, it worked. Maybe your dealership is easier to navigate than mine.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I got mine I think the same day or the next day with my Bronco Sport. You have to download the Ford Pass app and link the vehicle to it for this to happen. Not sure if you've done that yet.

That said, I bought another Ford in October and the points never showed up even though I had connected the car to the app while I was still at the dealership. I had to call the tech support number for Ford Pass Rewards and eventually got to somebody that helped me out with it. They showed up less than 24 hours after I called them.

To pay for the floormats with my points I had to call the service dept. to get them to set up a repair order for the parts dept. It felt a little backwards, but whatever, it worked. Maybe your dealership is easier to navigate than mine.
I setup up and activated FordPass shortly after I took possession of my FE on December 30. It took a week and a call to FordPass last week to get the app to work correctly (something on their end), but it started working on Monday. I also called FordPass rewards and they told me it could take up to 30 business days to receive the FordPass rewards points - so another 4 weeks?

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Does anyone know where Barnes (up) is?

Ford Bronco Sport I reserved a full size Bronco but I want to jump ship for a Bronco Sport Badlands.  Where can I buy now? 1610647871630

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Slightly unrelated - how did you redeem your points for accessories? I am hoping to use mine to go towards some Thule crossbars. I don't see a way on the Ford accessories site to redeem. Did you do it at the dealership in person?

Edit: Just saw your message on calling the parts department. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slightly unrelated - how did you redeem your points for accessories? I am hoping to use mine to go towards some Thule crossbars. I don't see a way on the Ford accessories site to redeem. Did you do it at the dealership in person?

Edit: Just saw your message on calling the parts department. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I had to call the parts department to order them, but I had to make a separate call to the service department to get them to set up the repair order to pull the points from my account.

The service dept. seemed confused initially when I called. More or less I ended up telling them "Go talk to the parts dept. They're the ones that told me to call you."

Luckily, somebody else had ordered the floormats and never picked them up, so I was able to get them the same day.

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah, I had to call the parts department to order them, but I had to make a separate call to the service department to get them to set up the repair order to pull the points from my account.

The service dept. seemed confused initially when I called. More or less I ended up telling them "Go talk to the parts dept. They're the ones that told me to call you."

Luckily, somebody else had ordered the floormats and never picked them up, so I was able to get them the same day.
Solid. Once I'm out of this...very important...meeting I will go jump on the phone. Thanks.
Sponsored