I reserved a full size Bronco but I want to jump ship for a Bronco Sport Badlands. Where can I buy now?

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
With the delays in production on the full size Bronco, and the increase in pricing on the option packages, I would like to get the Bronco Sport Badlands instead. Problem is, I didn't order one. When I look on Cargurus or Auto Trader or even on individual Ford dealership sites, I can't actually tell if anyone has one for sale NOW. There are plenty listed, just straight up false advertising in my opinion. My understanding is that Ford shipped Badlands trim models to many dealerships, but they can only be used as a demo until April or something like that. So there are now a bunch of dealerships advertising that they have a badlands trim in stock, but don't disclose that they can't sell it. I've called several stealerships only to be told that they can't actually sell the one they have. I'm just hoping that there is someone out there that ordered a Badlands Bronco Sport, and now the dealership can sell it. Anyone have a good way to track down a Bronco Sport Badlands that's actually for sale? Preferably in the Northwest?
Sponsored

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
With the delays in production on the full size Bronco, and the increase in pricing on the option packages, I would like to get the Bronco Sport Badlands instead. Problem is, I didn't order one. When I look on Cargurus or Auto Trader or even on individual Ford dealership sites, I can't actually tell if anyone has one for sale NOW. There are plenty listed, just straight up false advertising in my opinion. My understanding is that Ford shipped Badlands trim models to many dealerships, but they can only be used as a demo until April or something like that. So there are now a bunch of dealerships advertising that they have a badlands trim in stock, but don't disclose that they can't sell it. I've called several stealerships only to be told that they can't actually sell the one they have. I'm just hoping that there is someone out there that ordered a Badlands Bronco Sport, and now the dealership can sell it. Anyone have a good way to track down a Bronco Sport Badlands that's actually for sale? Preferably in the Northwest?
Their selling as soon as dealers get them. If you order one you can have it in about 8 weeks and then decide if you want to buy it from there. Just don't order one with the badlands package (leather seats, moonroof, etc) those seem to really delayed. I ordered a cactus grey badlands in November and it's getting delivered this week. If I don't want it ill let you know. I'm in the Willamette Valley

Reactions: Del
OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Their selling as soon as dealers get them. If you order one you can have it in about 8 weeks and then decide if you want to buy it from there. Just don't order one with the badlands package (leather seats, moonroof, etc) those seem to really delayed. I ordered a cactus grey badlands in November and it's getting delivered this week. If I don't want it ill let you know. I'm in the Willamette Valley
I have found a few Base and Big Bend trim levels for sale. I test drove a couple but really am looking for the Badlands with the bigger engine and locking rear diff. Thanks for keeping me in mind. If you do keep it, please let us know how you like it!

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I have found a few Base and Big Bend trim levels for sale. I test drove a couple but really am looking for the Badlands with the bigger engine and locking rear diff. Thanks for keeping me in mind. If you do keep it, please let us know how you like it!
I have a deposit down on one of those Badlands trim models that dealers seem to be getting. No idea if this is supposed to be a "loaner" but the dealership is selling it to me (as of now).

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have a deposit down on one of those Badlands trim models that dealers seem to be getting. No idea if this is supposed to be a "loaner" but the dealership is selling it to me (as of now).
What dealer are you purchasing from. I am in Port St Lucie and no local dealers have a Sport.
Thanks.

Bcohen5055

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
FYI I have a BL+BL in white that is being delivered to the dealer this week. I also am a full size Bronco reservation holder and am trying to decide if it’s worth the unknown wait about 10K more. I put the BS res in as a backup plan.

I guess I’ll know next week after I test drive. My biggest hesitation is the power of the 2L and general storage space.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
FYI I have a BL+BL in white that is being delivered to the dealer this week. I also am a full size Bronco reservation holder and am trying to decide if it’s worth the unknown wait about 10K more. I put the BS res in as a backup plan.

I guess I’ll know next week after I test drive. My biggest hesitation is the power of the 2L and general storage space.
man I’m in a similar boat.

test drove a 2.0 first edition last week and freaking loved it. Storage space is also my concern - but, other thansecond row legroom, there’s a good amount of space in that thing. Plus there’s always the roof and a hitch mount cargo rack.

I put a deposit on a badlands and get to pick it up in 3 weeks.

I figure, since the big bronco is sort of the “dream truck” - I’ll get one 2 or 3 years from now.

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered

I went to pick my Badlands BS up on Friday and really like it. I also have the Bronco reserved, along with a retail order on the F-150 Lariat. The Sport is more than enough car for me. The F-150 has so much more than the Bronco will ever have, so I, personally, am going to cancel my Big Bronco reservation. I really do not see the value in the Big Bronco (towing, especially). The F-150 I have ordered is CHEAPER than the Bronco BL, loaded with more “stuff”, and so much more versatile!

Yes, I have some very minor details I do not care for on the Sport, but for the price, and wanting something equivalent to the vehicle I traded for it (gas mileage, for example), the Sport BL was a great step-up and value.

These are merely my opinions.

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
I went to pick my Badlands BS up on Friday and really like it. I also have the Bronco reserved, along with a retail order on the F-150 Lariat. The Sport is more than enough car for me. The F-150 has so much more than the Bronco will ever have, so I, personally, am going to cancel my Big Bronco reservation. I really do not see the value in the Big Bronco (towing, especially). The F-150 I have ordered is CHEAPER than the Bronco BL, loaded with more “stuff”, and so much more versatile!

Yes, I have some very minor details I do not care for on the Sport, but for the price, and wanting something equivalent to the vehicle I traded for it (gas mileage, for example), the Sport BL was a great step-up and value.

These are merely my opinions.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback, it helps everyone. Have you had a chance to get offroad at all yet in the Badlands BS?

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Have you gone to Cars.com? There are Badlands showing up in the PacNW. Most are Big Bend and a few others but I did see some Badlands. Give that a try if you haven't.

Headsong

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
I, too, am rolling over from the big boy to here, hoping to drive one soon. Can we newbies still place orders now? What's estimated lead time? I don't really want it until summer...

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Have you gone to Cars.com? There are Badlands showing up in the PacNW. Most are Big Bend and a few others but I did see some Badlands. Give that a try if you haven't.

Thank you, yeah I tried Cars.com. Unfortunately it's the same as the other sites. Stealerships are listing demo vehicles and "dealer ordered" vehicles that cannot be sold right now. So it's very difficult to see if a dealership actually has one they can sell. Hope that makes sense. For the record, I have drove the Big Bend with the 1.5 engine. I have nothing bad to say about it! It drives great, and is close to what I want. I just really would like to have the bigger engine and locker that comes with the Badlands trim level. There are also better recovery points and other features that I like on the badlands trim level.
Sponsored