I reserved a full size Bronco but I want to jump ship for a Bronco Sport Badlands. Where can I buy now?

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback, it helps everyone. Have you had a chance to get offroad at all yet in the Badlands BS?
No. Still need to get plates. No offroading here, unless it's sliding off into the ditch, especially with the snow and ice here.
Sponsored

Reactions: Del
OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
No. Still need to get plates. No offroading here, unless it's sliding off into the ditch, especially with the snow and ice here.
My brother and I both test drove the Big Bend BS. The roads were very wet, but no snow or ice. My brother is a wild man behind the wheel. I have to say, I was extremely impressed with the traction, handling, and overall driving manners of the Bronco Sport. Seems very well balanced and predictable for a mid-size suv. Hopefully you don't see any ditches anytime soon.

Last edited:

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
My brother and I both test drove the Big Bend BS. The roads were very wet, but no snow or ice. My brother is a wild man behind the wheel. I have to say, I was extremely impressed with the traction, handling, and overall driving manners of the Bronco Sport. Seems very well balanced and predictable for a mid-size suv. Hopefully you don't see any ditches anytime soon.
Driving back from Granger Ford to my home (+300 miles), my car drove really nice! Like you, I enjoyed driving it! It took off quickly. Had to watch my speed due to the police presence on US30 NYEve. You can be up there in speed and not realize it. Hit a little ice, but no sliding on it. It was no louder than my traded Subaru, probably due to the new Pirelli's tread. Phone service was as good as that on my '20 Honda Passport. I have the non-BL interior, Area 51, and it works beautifully together! Brakes are a bit touchy on mine.

I still need to get my children in the back seat to check out their comfort level. That tightness really shows if no one back there. I may be surprised!

The BS is not much smaller than my '18 GC Trailhawk (V8), interestingly. It drives nearly identically (again, my opinion). However, there is more room in the back of the GC.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Thank you, yeah I tried Cars.com. Unfortunately it's the same as the other sites. Stealerships are listing demo vehicles and "dealer ordered" vehicles that cannot be sold right now. So it's very difficult to see if a dealership actually has one they can sell. Hope that makes sense. For the record, I have drove the Big Bend with the 1.5 engine. I have nothing bad to say about it! It drives great, and is close to what I want. I just really would like to have the bigger engine and locker that comes with the Badlands trim level. There are also better recovery points and other features that I like on the badlands trim level.
I don't blame you. I've got a Badlands on order that should be here in a month or less. If you're going to go off-road a fair amount, it's the only one I'd get!

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
With the delays in production on the full size Bronco, and the increase in pricing on the option packages, I would like to get the Bronco Sport Badlands instead. Problem is, I didn't order one. When I look on Cargurus or Auto Trader or even on individual Ford dealership sites, I can't actually tell if anyone has one for sale NOW. There are plenty listed, just straight up false advertising in my opinion. My understanding is that Ford shipped Badlands trim models to many dealerships, but they can only be used as a demo until April or something like that. So there are now a bunch of dealerships advertising that they have a badlands trim in stock, but don't disclose that they can't sell it. I've called several stealerships only to be told that they can't actually sell the one they have. I'm just hoping that there is someone out there that ordered a Badlands Bronco Sport, and now the dealership can sell it. Anyone have a good way to track down a Bronco Sport Badlands that's actually for sale? Preferably in the Northwest?
Del,
I experienced a similar scenario to what you described with the Bronco Sport Badlands' actual availability at dealerships. Dealers post multiple ads on various car sales websites but they either don't have them yet or can't sell them yet.
Like the other 200k rabid fans, i too have a reservation for the Bronco. But i needed an adventure vehicle now as my lease was returned at the end of Nov.
In early Dec i went online and built a Sport Badlands. The Ford website directed me to a few local dealerships here in North Texas that had similar builds on order. I sent inquiries to the various dealerships and got emails and a couple of phone calls explaining that build dates were coming soon, etc, etc.
Through chance late in Dec i visited one of the Ford dealerships with a friend who was purchasing his new F150. He and multiple family members have purchased their cars from the same salesman for the past 25 years and he happened to be one that emailed and called me after my online inquiry. After meeting him in person it turned out that we shared multiple friends/ associates and the conversation was easy. He was the one that clued me in to the dealerships getting the early Bronco Sports exclusively for service loaners and even showed me the paperwork from Ford. The paperwork explained they could not be sold before reaching 4k miles and breaking that would risk allotment of future vehicles. For kicks I test drove one of 2 Bronco Sport Big Bends they had left out of their first shipment of 5. I left after telling him exactly what i was interested in purchasing, Badlands with Badlands package in Cactus or A51. I even slipped in that I would also take a FE. He laughed and said don't hold your breath.
I was beginning to dig-in for the long wait.
About 48 hours later he called and explained that they just took delivery of their 1st Bronco Sport with the 2.0 liter, a FE in A51, and that he felt like the customer wouldn't be following through with the purchase.
A day later,on Christmas Eve, I left the dealership with the new First Edition.

To make a long story short, visit a dealership with a salesperson that you can develop a rapport with. Let them know you are a serious AND immediate buyer. Lots of things on this crazy planet have changed since people ordered these Bronco Sports and I bet you can stumble into one pretty fast.

Good luck,
Daniel

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Del,
I experienced a similar scenario to what you described with the Bronco Sport Badlands' actual availability at dealerships. Dealers post multiple ads on various car sales websites but they either don't have them yet or can't sell them yet.
Like the other 200k rabid fans, i too have a reservation for the Bronco. But i needed an adventure vehicle now as my lease was returned at the end of Nov.
In early Dec i went online and built a Sport Badlands. The Ford website directed me to a few local dealerships here in North Texas that had similar builds on order. I sent inquiries to the various dealerships and got emails and a couple of phone calls explaining that build dates were coming soon, etc, etc.
Through chance late in Dec i visited one of the Ford dealerships with a friend who was purchasing his new F150. He and multiple family members have purchased their cars from the same salesman for the past 25 years and he happened to be one that emailed and called me after my online inquiry. After meeting him in person it turned out that we shared multiple friends/ associates and the conversation was easy. He was the one that clued me in to the dealerships getting the early Bronco Sports exclusively for service loaners and even showed me the paperwork from Ford. The paperwork explained they could not be sold before reaching 4k miles and breaking that would risk allotment of future vehicles. For kicks I test drove one of 2 Bronco Sport Big Bends they had left out of their first shipment of 5. I left after telling him exactly what i was interested in purchasing, Badlands with Badlands package in Cactus or A51. I even slipped in that I would also take a FE. He laughed and said don't hold your breath.
I was beginning to dig-in for the long wait.
About 48 hours later he called and explained that they just took delivery of their 1st Bronco Sport with the 2.0 liter, a FE in A51, and that he felt like the customer wouldn't be following through with the purchase.
A day later,on Christmas Eve, I left the dealership with the new First Edition.

To make a long story short, visit a dealership with a salesperson that you can develop a rapport with. Let them know you are a serious AND immediate buyer. Lots of things on this crazy planet have changed since people ordered these Bronco Sports and I bet you can stumble into one pretty fast.

Good luck,
Daniel
Thanks Daniel. From what you said, I just need to go on a 4000 mile test drive with a demo, then I can buy it! ;)

NotAnonymous

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I'm in a similar ish boat - I'm a big Bronco reservation holder, but I'm definitely looking at alternatives before the Bronco order window comes and goes. I'm still aiming for later this year to buy whatever, but I'm a due diligence guy. Glad more info is coming out on this forum to help with feedback.

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
You can always look on the main ford inventory for you area and see what cars are on their way to the dealer and then track the VIN so you the first to know they arrive

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
You can always look on the main ford inventory for you area and see what cars are on their way to the dealer and then track the VIN so you the first to know they arrive
This is how I tracked mine down - its being delivered in a couple weeks.

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
This is how I tracked mine down - its being delivered in a couple weeks.
Do you have a link on where to do that? I looked on the Ford site, but couldn't find it.

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Do you have a link on where to do that? I looked on the Ford site, but couldn't find it.

Ford is not making it easy for folks.

OP
OP

Del

Badlands
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Try plugging tour VIN into this site:

https://palsapp.com/
Part of the problem is that even if I see shipping info, there is no way to tell if the bronco is already spoken for by a different customer.

For example....I typed in a vin for one that is dealer ordered and below is what I got.

Ford Bronco Sport I reserved a full size Bronco but I want to jump ship for a Bronco Sport Badlands.  Where can I buy now? 1609728538377
Sponsored