SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Switched everything out the past year. Got rid of the kayaks and upgraded to lightweight solo canoes, Traded the Escape for our Sport, and sold the gas guzzling motorhome and got the T@B teardrop camper. We've been out several times now and everything performs flawlessly. The Bronco Sport pulls with no problem towing at max and we can now get into campsites and canoe launches that weren't possible with the motorhome or the Escape. The combo makes one great basecamp.

Ford Bronco Sport I love it when a plan comes together... Bronco Sport + solo canoes + teardrop camper B1-b
Sponsored

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Nice set up! Very much on a similar path. Traded my F-150 for the BS, will soon trade out the tandem kayak and solo9 and 8 footers for inflatable kayaks. Actually had a complete rupture of my biceps tendon in July loading the 13.5 kayak on the truck. Downsizing is a good thing!

Switched everything out the past year. Got rid of the kayaks and upgraded to lightweight solo canoes, Traded the Escape for our Sport, and sold the gas guzzling motorhome and got the T@B teardrop camper. We've been out several times now and everything performs flawlessly. The Bronco Sport pulls with no problem towing at max and we can now get into campsites and canoe launches that weren't possible with the motorhome or the Escape. The combo makes one great basecamp.

Ford Bronco Sport I love it when a plan comes together... Bronco Sport + solo canoes + teardrop camper B1-b

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3

Ooo. Nice! I love your set up!! We're looking to get lightweight canoes. How do you like the Placid Boatworks canoe? I'm hoping to check out Hornbeck Canoes this fall. We already have a Taxa Tiger Moth camper.

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Ooo. Nice! I love your set up!! We're looking to get lightweight canoes. How do you like the Placid Boatworks canoe? I'm hoping to check out Hornbeck Canoes this fall. We already have a Taxa Tiger Moth camper.
I love my 15' Rapidfire. It's light and very fast in the water. The hull is very stiff which is important. My wife loves the way her 12' spitfire handles. Want's to take it out all the time. We opted for these over pack boats that you sit on the bottom. Can still use a double or single blade with them.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Nice set up! Very much on a similar path. Traded my F-150 for the BS, will soon trade out the tandem kayak and solo9 and 8 footers for inflatable kayaks. Actually had a complete rupture of my biceps tendon in July loading the 13.5 kayak on the truck. Downsizing is a good thing!
Yeah I’ve got 12 ft kayaks and loading them on the BS is a breeze compared to the F150 I had

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That looks like a fun setup. im jealous.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
great setup, well done!

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
what do you figure total weight trailer, canoes and gear?

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Camper 1,850 lbs, both canoes are 50 lbs. and probably 200-300 lbs. of gear, clothes, food, etc.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
All that on the 1.5L engine, and it does fine. Nice rig.
I was thinking the same thing. The first thing I did was look to see which model SLJ had, though surely a BL but was surprised to see OB. I was impressed with how my OB handled in the mountains and the gas mileage from the 1.5L.