I Installed a Dash Cam

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I have to check my video out of F7N to see if it is 4k as well.....but the funny thing I just realized, our BS 12V power outlet are constantly ON!! who needs park mode?? and better be ready to charge/jump your car when the dash cam is connected thru the cigarette lighter 12v outlet.

I didn't realized it basically recorded all last night and all day today??!!!! I was trying to figure out the fuse box connection I noticed the camera stays on!

anyway, the Redtiger parked mode fuse connection kit came with just small fuse connection (not as shown on the Amazon picture) so I can't connect that to fuse No. 24 or 20 (spares).
Sponsored

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I found a simple item to mount the rear cam to adjust the angle since the BS rear hatch area does not have a mounting surface parallel to the ground. OP uses a self made wedge. I was lazy, so I Googled and Amazoned it....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZUDT1K?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Ford Bronco Sport I Installed a Dash Cam 1662694333471

this created a little more angle so the camera isn't pointing at the ground. it worked!!
Ford Bronco Sport I Installed a Dash Cam 1662694373562

I would say if you are buying these wedge, maybe a little more lift than 2"x1/4" rise will do even better.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I just installed a Thinkware F70, ~$70. If you want a cheap set-it-and-forget-it camera, this is the best option I've seen. Good picture and build quality. The only con so far is that it has an annoying voice that announces the start of recording every time you turn the car on. No screen or wifi connection; the VHB-tape mount only has adjustment for pitch up/down, so you better stick it on straight the first time.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My wife was recently involved in a fender bender in a parking lot. She backed out of her spot, then noticed a nearby car was also backing out. The wife stopped, then tried to honk the horn while at the same time put the car back into drive to get out of the way. She was ultimately unsuccessful at either, and the other car smacked into her bumper. Since my wife was stopped it was clearly the other driver's fault, yet they told their insurance company my wife backed into them. Classic my-word-against-yours. So, I decided it's time to get some dash cams.
Since your wife and the other vehicle were both backing out more or less at the same time, how would your dash cam if it was installed helped the situation.

Be mindful, a lot of people get distracted watching the dash camera video display or phone instead of actually looking at the road and surroundings.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Since your wife and the other vehicle were both backing out more or less at the same time, how would your dash cam if it was installed helped the situation.
My wife noticed the other car backing out and stopped. That means the other person backed into a stationary vehicle. That seems pretty clear cut to me.

Be mindful, a lot of people get distracted watching the dash camera video display or phone instead of actually looking at the road and surroundings.
If you read through my installation log you'll see I mounted the camera on the other side of the rearview mirror—I can't even see it from the driver's seat unless I lean way over to the right.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My wife noticed the other car backing out and stopped. That means the other person backed into a stationary vehicle. That seems pretty clear cut to me.

If you read through my installation log you'll see I mounted the camera on the other side of the rearview mirror—I can't even see it from the driver's seat unless I lean way over to the right.
I see the details in the rest of your storied installation. That will be fun, hopefully you and yours won't be involved in a future situation that will warrant such.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Oh man...I had the exact same accident a few years ago in my Ridgeline. The guy was on his phone and not paying attention. He was a little weightlifter guy, started screaming his fat head off. If he wasn't too short to reach my face I'm sure he would have tried to punch me. I fought with adjusters, and they finally told me they wouldn't hold me at fault...found out later they still wrote it up as my fault.

I've tried a dash cam before, but it died. Great writeup, maybe I'll follow your example.
"Too short to reach my face" priceless.

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi Mark, Talking about details…..– This is the most comprehensive instruction that I was lucky to find.

I just got 2 REDTIGER F7N Touch for my BS and my wife’s BMW (didn’t open the boxes yet) and I was wondering, almost 2 years later, how do you feel about this camera now.
I always enjoyed your very informative postings.
Thank you

Judah