Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
Certainly don't feel like a passenger tire but don't feel like most ATs either. So far really like them. Heading for the mountains tomorrow so I'll get a good chance to feel highway miles and some trails. It's primarily my wife's car - so I can't to go overboard - but this is a nice compromise.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
My last set of tires on my Dodge were wild peak A/Ts. Loved them, then hated them. First winter with them they were unstoppable. Great on snow/ice and I could power through the stickiest mud around here. The second winter, they were like wearing ice skates. Even just a slight frost on the road and I'd go from cruising along at 50 mph and ass end would just go sideways. Great tire until a little wear and they become useless.

On the plus side, they were quiet and durable as I've ever seen. I got nearly 60k miles out of them and they weren't completely bald yet. I put them through the wringer on sharp rocks during trapping season and never had a flat other than nails on the highway. Due to the longevity and durability I put a set of Wild peak M/Ts on this year and I've been impressed so far.

The reason for my long ass interrupting post on your thread is depending on how many miles you put a year on them, watch those tires next winter for being slick on the roads. When it starts getting slick next winter, watch it until you know they are still performing as expected. I'd hate to see you or your wife off the road in a ditch because those tires did great this Winter/Spring.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the caution but I do know that certain tires perform better than others depending on the vehicle weigh, geometry, whatever and the way it is driven and where.

I was totally shocked when I installed these on my Ranger.
Cooper ST Maxx for my off road trips up to the cabins.
They are surprisingly quiet, great road manners on the highway and the noise is way less than you would expect even told many times how smooth the truck rides.

But having said that I still really appreciate your reply and have noted caution.

Ford Bronco Sport I got the meats on BigBend today: 235/65/R17 Falcon Wildpeak AT Trail Tires CC6

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Idahodirtfarmer - Just curious were yours AT3Ws or AT Trails

Is your Dodge a pickup or an SUV style like a Dakota?

Just trying to educate myself as to your application compared to mine.

Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Idahodirtfarmer - Just curious were yours AT3Ws or AT Trails

Is your Dodge a pickup or an SUV style like a Dakota?

Just trying to educate myself as to your application compared to mine.
Mine were AT3Ws. I misread your first post and thought that's what you had as well. They were on a 1/2 ton pickup with a fuel tank in the back adding weight. Never goes below 30 or so gallon in it. There's a great chance you won't have a lick of trouble like I did, but I'd rather give a possible warning to watch out for just Incase. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of Wild peak tires. I bought the more aggressive M/Ts this time for winter but my next summer tires will likely be another set of AT3Ws. I have a spare set of wheels so I keep summer tires on one for April-October and Winter tires on the other for November-March.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
Mine were AT3Ws. I misread your first post and thought that's what you had as well. They were on a 1/2 ton pickup with a fuel tank in the back adding weight. Never goes below 30 or so gallon in it. There's a great chance you won't have a lick of trouble like I did, but I'd rather give a possible warning to watch out for just Incase. Like I said, I'm a huge fan of Wild peak tires. I bought the more aggressive M/Ts this time for winter but my next summer tires will likely be another set of AT3Ws. I have a spare set of wheels so I keep summer tires on one for April-October and Winter tires on the other for November-March.
Yeah. I was going to ask the same question. Pickup trucks and snow, ugh! Even the 3 peak KO2s on my f350 4wd (although good) were never anywhere near our LR4 with all seasons in snow. It was just and apples to buffalos comparison. Even with a little weight in the back, the solid axles and lack of advanced 4wd will never compare to the Bronco Sport's weight distribution and and 4wd set up.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great trip to the mountains this weekend and the tires were great on and off road.
Not serious off road but moist dirt trails and gravel with steep inclines and declines. The AT Trails are really great. Very good on the highway with a very comfortable ride and very low noise to even speak of. These are good option for the Bronco Sport.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
235 65 R17 Falcon Wildpeak AT Trail
No Lift on a Stock 2022 BigBend

Ford Bronco Sport I got the meats on BigBend today: 235/65/R17 Falcon Wildpeak AT Trail Tires IMG_20230224_155458209
Man, it is total bullshit that BS OBX owners get those dumb ass electric vehicle rims and BS BB gets the ones you have. Your BS looks great. As soon as my BS OBX comes in, i'll be looking for a new set of wheels and tires. Will likely go with the ones you chose. Looks great.

C&C&C=The 3 Amigos !

Badlands
First Name
Christine(Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL
:sunglasses: I will sell you mine at a great price for the wheels & tires ( local pick up ) :) I want all black wheels but I don't need black wheels or tires for what type of driving I'm doing :clap: I don't mind the Pirelli AT it was more for the look of the black wheels :crackup: I'm waiting to see how the next couple of days go :frown: I should of had my new wheels and tires installed already as of last week :crazy: As of right now I only have a 135 miles on my BS BL wheels & tires :like:

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
I bought the same ones for my Badlands on Friday myself, including the spare.

Took a ride yesterday.
Noise, low but slightly noticeable over the stock Pirelli's.

Took it offroad a little, including going through some mud and snow. No issues whatsoever.

The speedometer was slightly off, comparing it to my GPS reading, going from the stock 225-65-17 to the 235-65-17 tires. I'm still taking it easy, speed wise.

60 -> 60
65-> 65
70 -> 71

Fuel mileage, still approximately around 26 MPG according to the dash.

Ford Bronco Sport I got the meats on BigBend today: 235/65/R17 Falcon Wildpeak AT Trail Tires IMG_0327.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport I got the meats on BigBend today: 235/65/R17 Falcon Wildpeak AT Trail Tires IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited: