I do not recommend roof mounted bike racks. Hitch mounted rack is the way to go.

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I use the inside mounting rack only. I can't have my babies exposed to the elements. Two bikes upright was the main selling point for me.
I have a Trek Hybrid bicycle. Would like to consider the inside rack like you but honestly how difficult is it to take tires on and off?

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I have a Trek Hybrid bicycle. Would like to consider the inside rack like you but honestly how difficult is it to take tires on and off?
Front wheel comes off easy if you have quick release levers. It's like 5 seconds. With hybrid bikes what you have to worry about is the handlebar height. They tend to be more upright than road bikes and mountain bikes. Post a pic of the bike and I'll try to give you a better answer.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Thanks, here’s my bike.

Ford Bronco Sport I do not recommend roof mounted bike racks. Hitch mounted rack is the way to go. 68CE528E-4E51-4EEE-B306-513290AC5533
Your front wheel comes off easy. Undo the brake and then the wheel.
this is how How To Remove A Quick Release Front Wheel - YouTube
I do see some issues, though. The rear trunk bag will definitely be in the way, it will have to come off. The saddle might have to be lowered as well. It might be a quick release as well but I can't tell from this angle. That being done you can try rolling the bike inside. Get the rear wheel as far as you can to the front seats and rest the fork ends on the trunk floor. If you have some space left between the top of the handlebars and the roof of the car, you're good. The rack will add like 2-3 inches to that so keep that in mind.
If it doesn't fit.. the handlebars do come off but its messy and I would only do it for long trips. At this point you might as well forego the rack and lay the bike sideways.
Hope this helps.

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Your front wheel comes off easy. Undo the brake and then the wheel.
this is how How To Remove A Quick Release Front Wheel - YouTube
I do see some issues, though. The rear trunk bag will definitely be in the way, it will have to come off. The saddle might have to be lowered as well. It might be a quick release as well but I can't tell from this angle. That being done you can try rolling the bike inside. Get the rear wheel as far as you can to the front seats and rest the fork ends on the trunk floor. If you have some space left between the top of the handlebars and the roof of the car, you're good. The rack will add like 2-3 inches to that so keep that in mind.
If it doesn't fit.. the handlebars do come off but its messy and I would only do it for long trips. At this point you might as well forego the rack and lay the bike sideways.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for all of your good follow up. At this point, I guess I’ll just get a hitch and rack. I was hoping for a more economical solution Though lol.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You need a milk crate, and a doll, and someone on that bike and you can drive around recreating the famous e.t shot lol.
Sponsored