I broke this part of my ford bronco sport, is there a metal option? the material is similar to cardboard ... help

Raul Ortiz

Badlands
First Name
Raul Ortiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Rompí esta parte de mi ford bronco sport, ¿hay alguna opción de metal? el material es similar al cartón ... HELP

Ford Bronco Sport I broke this part of my ford bronco sport, is there a metal option? the material is similar to cardboard ... help WhatsApp Image 2021-08-22 at 8.08.48 PM (1)

Ford Bronco Sport I broke this part of my ford bronco sport, is there a metal option? the material is similar to cardboard ... help WhatsApp Image 2021-08-22 at 8.08.48 PM (2)

Ford Bronco Sport I broke this part of my ford bronco sport, is there a metal option? the material is similar to cardboard ... help WhatsApp Image 2021-08-22 at 8.08.48 PM
Sponsored

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No metal option. My BS did not even come with passenger side air deflector.

OP
OP

Raul Ortiz

Badlands
First Name
Raul Ortiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No metal option. My BS did not even come with passenger side air deflector.
Thank you, for now it's time to change it, we hope they make a metal as soon as possible ...

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
Joker Welding & Fabrication, LLC. in Lebanon, MO. told me that he can fabricate anything you want as long as you can afford it. I asked him about additional skid plates and tubular rock rails/sliders and he said none of that would be a problem. I'm sure any local custom welding and fabrication business would be able to design and fab anything we would want until the aftermarket catches up. It may even be cheaper in the long run to stick to a local fabrication company if you develop some rapport with them.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
about additional skid plates and tubular rock rails/sliders and he said none of that would be a problem.
What's the composition of a "typical" skid plate? I'd probably be interested in a mid-grade option: I won't be doing serious off-roading, but would prefer something a little more substantial (as evidenced by OP's pic).

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
yeah im not a huge fan of the materials used underneath. or the fender liners. seems pretty weak ass.

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
What's the composition of a "typical" skid plate? I'd probably be interested in a mid-grade option: I won't be doing serious off-roading, but would prefer something a little more substantial (as evidenced by OP's pic).
Skids are made usually out of 1/4" aluminum or stainless steel so they won't rust. Don't quote me on this but I believe the skids under the BL and FE are aluminum.

OP
OP

Raul Ortiz

Badlands
First Name
Raul Ortiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
yeah im not a huge fan of the materials used underneath. or the fender liners. seems pretty weak ass.
totally agree, hopefully they will make a resistant one of better material for our trucks and be able to buy it.
for the moment I already asked for my replacement of that bad material from the dealership
Sponsored