I bit the bullet and ordered a '22 Badlands

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered a 22 Badlands, but no bullet-biting required. CarMax gave me a great price for my 21 Big Bend, which just about covers the out-the-door, all-taxes-and-fees price of a loaded 22 Badlands*.

My biggest 'disappointment' with MY21 was the moonroof's inclusion with the upgrade packages across trims, unless you ordered the moonroof delete option from a dealer, which most probably didn't even know about. So I'm looking forward to the Premium Package goodies sans moonroof.

* Assuming Ford doesn't raise prices before delivery. Thanks to the advice here, I had the right paperwork/retail order forms signed by both the salesman and GM, so I have reasonable confidence that no surprises are in the cards, like dealer-added 'market adjustments.'
Sponsored

Last edited:

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Did you get a price from Carvana? I tried with my 21 BS OB only 1800m they offered me barely over MSRP, not close to covering fees. Maybe it’s a regional thing? I’m in the upper Midwest. Have an appointment with Carmax, wouldn’t give an online quote. I want to upgrade to a BL premium package.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered a 22 Badlands, but no bullet-biting required. CarMax gave me a great price for my 21 Big Bend, which just about covers the out-the-door, all-taxes-and-fees price of a loaded 22 Badlands*.

My biggest 'disappointment' with MY21 was the moonroof's inclusion with the upgrade packages across trims, unless you ordered the moonroof delete option from a dealer, which most probably didn't even know about. So I'm looking forward to the Premium Package goodies sans moonroof.

* Assuming Ford doesn't raise prices before delivery. Thanks to the advice here, I had the right paperwork/retail order forms signed by both the salesman and GM, so I have reasonable confidence that no surprises are in the cards, like dealer-added 'market adjustments.'
Made sure my dad, who I was fighting with at the time, came with me when I ordered mine. Gotta make sure it’s set in stone and if you don’t know how to make that happen the dealer will ask for more cash later, especially with how hot the sport is.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Did you get a price from Carvana? I tried with my 21 BS OB only 1800m they offered me barely over MSRP, not close to covering fees. Maybe it’s a regional thing? I’m in the upper Midwest. Have an appointment with Carmax, wouldn’t give an online quote. I want to upgrade to a BL premium package.
Carvana's offer was a hair below MSRP. CarMax's number was way higher than I expected. Their in-store appraisal/offer process took about 25 minutes.

Made sure my dad, who I was fighting with at the time, came with me when I ordered mine. Gotta make sure it’s set in stone and if you don’t know how to make that happen the dealer will ask for more cash later, especially with how hot the sport is.
The dealer didn't attempt to have me sign only the preview order, etc. Everything was aboveboard without me raising a stink best as I could tell. I also called a salesman at another dealership in their network and the retail order 22 that just arrived was being sold without 'market adjustments' and other nonsense. I'm not popping the champagne until the car arrives and the ink is dry, but as of now, no red flags.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Gotta make sure it’s set in stone and if you don’t know how to make that happen the dealer will ask for more cash later, especially with how hot the sport is.
I had a detailed itemized "quote" when I ordered in March. When it came time to buy dealer said they had to charge for the Ford price increase that happened between when I ordered and when it arrived. Without a signed Purchase Agreement not much you can do with a long line of other buyers hoping they can buy your ordered vehicle....

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I had a detailed itemized "quote" when I ordered in March. When it came time to buy dealer said they had to charge for the Ford price increase that happened between when I ordered and when it arrived. Without a signed Purchase Agreement not much you can do with a long line of other buyers hoping they can buy your ordered vehicle....
If Ford really wants to promote retail orders long-term, they need to get the dealer networks and pricing squared away across the board. The experience and expectations seem to wildly vary right now.

The Ford price increases are one thing, what's egregious -- and what I focused on defending myself against -- are the dealer-added surcharges/'market adjustments'/options. I think a few people here had their 21 orders yanked out from under them because the dealers tacked on thousands of dollars worth of b.s. that had nothing to do with Ford per se. In those cases, the retail customers were marks used by unscrupulous dealers to up their Sport allotments to sell on the lot.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Carvana's offer was a hair below MSRP. CarMax's number was way higher than I expected. Their in-store appraisal/offer process took about 25 minutes.
I had a similar experience with my BL, Carvana's offer was a little below MSRP and Carmax came in 4k over, a bit of a difference. Carmax was a totally painless way to sell the car.
Sponsored