Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Pricing it out now on the Ford website puts it at $39115.
That's because they raised the price on the BL $2000 last month. I ordered on 4/4 right before the increase from $34.590 to $36,590. I believe that the lower trims were not increased.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Get the twin turbo 4 cyl.. I'm gentle and getting 30.2 mpg. But whe you need it the BL is a rocket.
Its a single turbo on the 2.0. it is twin scroll but not twin turbo. The ecoboost V6s in other Fords are twin turbo as in two turbos. But the sports all have one single turbo not twin turbos.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Pricing it out now on the Ford website puts it at $39115.
As Dogula said, there have been at least 2 recent increases. I believe one was $500 and the other was $2,000(!) -- plus an additional $50 for the tow package. There was another $100 increase that would have applied, but I can't recall what that was -- maybe delivery? It was $2,650 total.

Anyway, the rate of increase has been insane. There was another price jump just before we ordered that we had to pay. It would be interesting to find the total increase from the original MSRP for the 2021 BL (and other trims) to today.

As it happened, there were no increases between our order and production dates, so the sticker price was exactly what we agreed to pay. As you're probably aware though, Ford has "Price Protection" -- so any increases after your order date do not apply. Well, I suppose technically they do, but the dealer gets a rebate from Ford. An honest dealer will charge the customer the agreed upon price and then cover the remainder with the rebate.

It sucks that the BL price has increased so much, but the other trims have are more expensive now also -- although they may have not increased in price proportionately. So my rationale for buying the Badlands may not be as strong as it was when we ordered. At the time, the difference was something like $650 (OB vs BL, both with tow and crossbars).

bronco_Banks

Outer Banks
First Name
Olga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I went from a 2.5L 4-cylinder hybrid escape that screamed when going uphill to a quiet, comfy OB that can do 1-60 in 7.5 seconds, and that does not scream at me when going up a hill.

GUess which one feels better? :cwl:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Badlands all the way. It's more than just the 2.0. It has an upgraded AWD system with a twin-clutch torque-vectoring rear end, and off-road suspension. Also has front 180 degree camera. The superior engine, AWD setup, and suspension are only the start. The BL comes with all-terrain tires and a full-size spare. You also get metal underbody skidplates, front tow hooks, black front and rear bumpers, and the same black contrast roof as the Outer Banks. Also more drive modes. The BL has the best resale value too. I took delivery on my 22 in Dec, and have another on order scheduled for July.

Attachments

anniem

Badlands
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
@Mrdhatch Just curious if you ever came to a decision or put in an order?

OP
OP

Mrdhatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
@Mrdhatch Just curious if you ever came to a decision or put in an order?
Yes I went back and forth several times and finally went with the Badlands Several extras come with it, i feel I will really appreciate the extra power and the resale value should be better. I drive an underpowered wrangler for years and loved it except for the lack of power I feel this would be similar.
Sponsored