HRG 1.25" Lift vs. Woolworth Motorsports 1.25" Lift (Badlands) (1.5" For Other Trims)

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
Did you use the camber bolts? I purchased them but will probably take them to the alignment shop if they are needed
Yes we used the Bolts. Once the tires get in we are getting a 4 wheel alignment and getting the spacers and tires installed.
Sponsored

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes we used the Bolts. Once the tires get in we are getting a 4 wheel alignment and getting the spacers and tires installed.
How and where do the bolts install? Are the bolts necessary after getting an alignment, or would they be required first to even get an alignment after installing the lift? I've seen that they are an accessory with the HRG lift but am wondering how critical they are.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
How and where do the bolts install? Are the bolts necessary after getting an alignment, or would they be required first to even get an alignment after installing the lift? I've seen that they are an accessory with the HRG lift but am wondering how critical they are.
They are cammed bolts installed in the strut mount to allow camber adjustment. Camber is the vertical angle of the wheel/tire, i.e. top tilted inward or outward. I've not heard anyone mention the need for a camber adjustment following the installation of a lift kit, but if you take it for an alignment and the shop cannot get the camber adjustment within spec then you'll need the camber bolts.

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
They are cammed bolts installed in the strut mount to allow camber adjustment. Camber is the vertical angle of the wheel/tire, i.e. top tilted inward or outward. I've not heard anyone mention the need for a camber adjustment following the installation of a lift kit, but if you take it for an alignment and the shop cannot get the camber adjustment within spec then you'll need the camber bolts.
Thanks for the information. I knew they were for camber adjustment, but I had never heard of using special bolts to do it. I also wasn't sure where they would even be installed to help in making the adjustment.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information. I knew they were for camber adjustment, but I had never heard of using special bolts to do it. I also wasn't sure where they would even be installed to help in making the adjustment.
This video explains how they work.

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
So just got back from my alignment. Went to Firestone because of the life time alignment but they did not have the software for the bronco sport. So ended up at ford quick lane and indeed the camber bolts are need to get it aligned.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just got back from my alignment. Went to Firestone because of the life time alignment but they did not have the software for the bronco sport. So ended up at ford quick lane and indeed the camber bolts are need to get it aligned.
There you go. Frankly, I was surprised anyone was able to lift one of these cars without inducing a change in camber.

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
Did you use camber bolts?
Yes the front we used the camber bolts. the rear has 2 adjustable bolts simliar to the camber bolts to get the wheels aligned.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The Woolworth kit looks like they cheaped out on parts. The subframe spacers are tack welded and open so will fill with debris etc. plus a lot of force on those. Cause a wear point on the body. Looks like lower grade shoulder bolts. The whole kit looks like it’s a RC kit with extra parts. I watched the dudes install video and I wouldn’t use their setup. Again looks cheap. HRG or Ford Ranger lifts are the only ones that are well built, plus the owners know their stuff. I have no affiliation to these guys. Just know what quality parts look like and you can actually talk to them. They know their shit.

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The Woolworth kit looks like they cheaped out on parts. The subframe spacers are tack welded and open so will fill with debris etc. plus a lot of force on those. Cause a wear point on the body. Looks like lower grade shoulder bolts. The whole kit looks like it’s a RC kit with extra parts. I watched the dudes install video and I wouldn’t use their setup. Again looks cheap. HRG or Ford Ranger lifts are the only ones that are well built, plus the owners know their stuff. I have no affiliation to these guys. Just know what quality parts look like and you can actually talk to them. They know their shit.
Uhm.... Robby Woolworth is the owner of Ford Ranger Lifts, so which ones know their stuff?

Ford Ranger Lifts - Ranger, Ford Ranger, Lifts, Truck Accessories

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I guess not me lol. What I got sent looked like different parts than what I saw online in a video. Maybe was early build of parts, don’t know. Dude was cool though, talked to him at length and knew his stuff. Trying to help folks with lift stuff with good options not make it harder. Waiting on my BL and then tear into it to fab some my own parts since there isn’t a ton of options. So my bad. But I’d still use either ones setup over the others out there after talking to them and seeing what I was sent

Beezzer

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes the front we used the camber bolts. the rear has 2 adjustable bolts simliar to the camber bolts to get the wheels aligned.
Are these factory or did you purchase them? My front camber is fine but the rear is so bad it has destroyed my new BFGs.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Are these factory or did you purchase them? My front camber is fine but the rear is so bad it has destroyed my new BFGs.
I've had the same thing happen. When I had it aligned after the lift they told me they didn't have specs on the vehicle yet but they could do it. They did a good job on my ST so I trusted them. 15k miles later my rear tires have worn on the outer edge bad. Front is fine. Don't think they adjusted the back at all, it wore exactly how you would expect with a small lift.
Sponsored