HRG 1.25" Lift vs. Woolworth Motorsports 1.25" Lift (Badlands) (1.5" For Other Trims)

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Has anyone had any issues with any of the lift kits and then had an issue with warrenty work? I want one but still on the fence.
Sponsored

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Has anyone had any issues with any of the lift kits and then had an issue with warrenty work? I want one but still on the fence.
That's always the gamble. They can't deny a warranty claim if you install a lift kit and your turbo suddenly goes bad. If they can prove that the aftermarket part or modification caused the failure then they can deny the warranty claim. For me and my experiences, a 1.5" lift isn't enough to really stress the suspension system or driveline components. I'm going to be going with the H&R springs.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
similar indeed.My kit is more expensive because I use more parts. Besides the front strut spacers, rear trailing arm drop, and rear coil spacers My kit includes a rear sub frame drop to keep a better ride and rear suspension geometry. More steel, more bolts, etc. that is why there is a price difference. Plus I specialize in Ford only models with all my kits. Looks like the other company specializes in Honda’s and Subarus and is just trying to dip into fords. All good either way you pick. Plus I am a 25 years veteran of off road racing so that might help. Lol straight from the horses mouth. Have a good one. ???
Here is my question. With more lift comes a lot more stress on the CV Joint. A CV joint is not like the joint on a solid differential. How are lifts of any brand handling that geometry change? I do not want to blow through half shafts. I am new to off roading type of stuff. I would think 32" tires might be a bit extreme for this vehicle and require more than the average 1.25 or 1.5 inch lift. I want reliability before capability. Ok now after looking at your website, this will also keep the CV joint geometry original?

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Here is my question. With more lift comes a lot more stress on the CV Joint. A CV joint is not like the joint on a solid differential. How are lifts of any brand handling that geometry change? I do not want to blow through half shafts. I am new to off roading type of stuff. I would think 32" tires might be a bit extreme for this vehicle and require more than the average 1.25 or 1.5 inch lift. I want reliability before capability. Ok now after looking at your website, this will also keep the CV joint geometry original?
There’s been some post regarding maximum angle allowed and the angle from the 1.25 lifts. Seems like you are well within the allowances. It will not keep it original.

As for tire sizes, if you just want bigger tires and are looking for full articulation with no rubbing, 29.5 is the maximum without rubbing or modification to the pinch weld. There have been those on the site that have modified the pinch welds to allow bigger tires. Increasing the lift does not solve the problem with tires rubbing on the sport. This too is posted in many threads as well.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
There’s been some post regarding maximum angle allowed and the angle from the 1.25 lifts. Seems like you are well within the allowances. It will not keep it original.

As for tire sizes, if you just want bigger tires and are looking for full articulation with no rubbing, 29.5 is the maximum without rubbing or modification to the pinch weld. There have been those on the site that have modified the pinch welds to allow bigger tires. Increasing the lift does not solve the problem with tires rubbing on the sport. This too is posted in many threads as well.
Yes I have come across alot of this info all over the forum. But did not come across CV joint info. Thanks for the further clearification. I have tried searching first. Sometimes I do not find information on a subject until later by accident.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yes I have come across alot of this info all over the forum. But did not come across CV joint info. Thanks for the further clearification. I have tried searching first. Sometimes I do not find information on a subject until later by accident.
So much is scattered all over and searching can yield mix results. To me the point of the forum is crowdsourcing information. I have no issues trying to help.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/lift-kit-cv-joint-angle.7136/

Last edited:

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
As with any lift you’re adding more stress to drivetrain components. More angle and more weight with tire/wheel changes, etc. You’re not changing it a lot. I wouldn’t go over 2” on these or run tons of drop spacers to correct it at higher lifts. The higher the lift the more it pulls the wheels inward towards the strut/spring.
I’ve done about 5k miles with the HRG lift in my badlands and that involves wheeling. I haven’t had any issues, CV angles are good, even off-road, these don’t have much flex to begin with Aligns without issue. Drives straight, smooth, no noises. I only had rubbing before lift and after lift with 245/70s and went to 245/65s and I’m good regardless. These smaller lifts you’ll be ok.
I would’ve went with FRL over the HRG had I known the HRG keeps the factory rake instead of leveling it. It’s far more noticeable after the lift.

Beezzer

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
As info for those having the same problem. I contacted HRG and told them the problem. They said Specialty Products had just released adjustable lower control arms for the Bronco Sport. Ford did us no favors since the stock ones are not adjustable. I purchased these control arms and 2 new tires, got an alignment and all is well.

https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResultsPageCmd?q=827-67435&storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1
They're also sold at tunersports.com among other places. You can use coupon code SaveIn2023 at tunersports.com to bring the price down to under $260 shipped. Free shipping and they don't charge tax unless you're a CA or FL resident I believe.
Sponsored