How to activate compass?

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Does anyone knows how to turn on/activate the compass in the console. Mine always points North not matter what.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
That is what a compass does, always points north.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Meanderthal always paint North, that is true, but will not signal North when is going south!
Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. :blush:

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Does anyone knows how to turn on/activate the compass in the console. Mine always points North not matter what.
Hello, are you referring to the arrow looking icon on the upper right corner of your center display. If so that is not a compass, it is the icon for Ford Pass Connect, "vehicle location sharing" for Sync 3. Take a look at the Owners Manual, pg. 354. All Sync 3 icons are listed.

OP
OP
Bamsi

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello, are you referring to the arrow looking icon on the upper right corner of your center display. If so that is not a compass, it is the icon for Ford Pass Connect, "vehicle location sharing" for Sync 3. Take a look at the Owners Manual, pg. 354. All Sync 3 icons are listed.
Thanks Yankee

OP
OP
Bamsi

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
But it looks exactly like a compass... not just an arrow

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Are you talking about this compass? I don't have it either. Either the Nav system replaces it, or Badlands trims don't have it, not sure which. Maybe that's why yours doesn't?

Even though I have the Nav, I wish the "Home" screen had this graphical compass instead of the nearly useless mini-map!

Ford Bronco Sport How to activate compass? s-l500

OP
OP
Bamsi

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Are you talking about this compass? I don't have it either. Either the Nav system replaces it, or Badlands trims don't have it, not sure which. Maybe that's why yours doesn't?

Even though I have the Nav, I wish the "Home" screen had this graphical compass instead of the nearly useless mini-map!

Ford Bronco Sport How to activate compass? s-l500
That one. Does not work at all

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
That one. Does not work at all
I take it if we both have a Badlands and you don't have the built in Nav and that is the difference why I don't have a compass there at all. Sorry, don't know much about that screen itself as a result.

If yours isn't working and you want to try to fix it I would
-Make sure you have all the latest Sync updates. You can go into the settings about Sync and see what versions you have. Update if needed.
-Reset the headunit by holding on and <<. I know on the Gentech mirrors, after a reset you need to drive in a circle a few times to calibrate; maybe this system is similar?
-If all else fails, stop by the dealer sometime and have your sales guy or a tech peek at it. Maybe it is a quick setting adjustment or you need to schedule warranty on some module.

OP
OP
Bamsi

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I take it if we both have a Badlands and you don't have the built in Nav and that is the difference why I don't have a compass there at all. Sorry, don't know much about that screen itself as a result.

If yours isn't working and you want to try to fix it I would
-Make sure you have all the latest Sync updates. You can go into the settings about Sync and see what versions you have. Update if needed.
-Reset the headunit by holding on and <<. I know on the Gentech mirrors, after a reset you need to drive in a circle a few times to calibrate; maybe this system is similar?
-If all else fails, stop by the dealer sometime and have your sales guy or a tech peek at it. Maybe it is a quick setting adjustment or you need to schedule warranty on some module.
Thanks