How much extra for synthetic oil, at dealer or mechanic shop?

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If you are not changing your own oil...

How much is your dealer or mechanic charging you for oil/filter change OVER the price of the Motorcraft synthetic blend?
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The Motorcraft factory spec oil is the right oil for this wet timing belt motor and turbo. This oils additive package will hold past 7,500 miles but this engines enemy is the IN solution waste that is not stopped/filtered out by the oil filter.
That’s why I simply change my oil at 5,000 mile intervals when I rotate my tires.
$39 at Ford, can’t beat that deal anywhere. Plus if you need an antifreeze top off you get the right stuff.
Many run a more expensive Full synthetic for more miles between changes. That does not bode well with me. I’ll stick to what my Ford mechanic told me about getting the corrosive IN solution waste out of the engine sooner.

NVSport

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport & 2015 Mustang GT C/V
I just had synthetic put in my '15 mustang 5.0 (my summer ride) and it was only $90 CDN all in, and worth every penny.
Change your oil very 5-8K and you will never blow blue, been doing this with all my cars for 30+ yrs...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The Motorcraft factory spec oil is the right oil for this wet timing belt motor and turbo. This oils additive package will hold past 7,500 miles but this engines enemy is the IN solution waste that is not stopped/filtered out by the oil filter.
That’s why I simply change my oil at 5,000 mile intervals when I rotate my tires.
$39 at Ford, can’t beat that deal anywhere. Plus if you need an antifreeze top off you get the right stuff.
Many run a more expensive Full synthetic for more miles between changes. That does not bode well with me. I’ll stick to what my Ford mechanic told me about getting the corrosive IN solution waste out of the engine sooner.
Hard to beat manufacturers spec...plus I'd argue should a problem ever arise your efforts would favor you for service...how can they say it's your fault if they did the work by their book?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I just had synthetic put in my '15 mustang 5.0 (my summer ride) and it was only $90 CDN all in, and worth every penny.
Change your oil very 5-8K and you will never blow blue, been doing this with all my cars for 30+ yrs...
How about 10,000 mile intervals with Mobil 1 and I took that engine to 528,000 miles.

Last edited:

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
When I had my Ford dealer put full synthetic in my 2.0 Ecoboost Escape, they charged me $60 instead of the usual $40.

Made no difference. We change the oil every 5,000 miles anyway.

I’d stick with the regular Motorcraft stuff.
Sponsored