How many apps have you had to download to utilize Ford Apple Carplay or Android Auto?

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I was the remote, too, until the corded remote. 🤦‍♀️ Remember that fun device? On channel 2 and want 13? Up arrow kathunk, kathunk, kathunk one channel at a time until you got to 13. Want 4? Down arrow and watch the dial turn one channel at a time. Then the foil would fall off the rabbit ears from all the dial thunking on the front of the television. 🙄 This is why we played outside until the street lights came on. 😉😁

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I was the remote, too, until the corded remote. 🤦‍♀️ Remember that fun device? On channel 2 and want 13? Up arrow kathunk, kathunk, kathunk one channel at a time until you got to 13. Want 4? Down arrow and watch the dial turn one channel at a time. Then the foil would fall off the rabbit ears from all the dial thunking on the front of the television. 🙄 This is why we played outside until the street lights came on. 😉😁
:crackup: There were 3 of us kids growing up. We would fight to not be the first one downstairs to the family room where the TV was, as dad would make us manually change the channel and adjust the rabbit ears to get reception. He finally bought a Radio Shack roof antenna with a motor to align the antenna for reception for 3, maybe 4 channels. After a storm or wind, He'd have to climb up on the roof to re-adjust to north, to align with the box switch in the house.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have started to play around with AA and I'm lowkey confused everytime I plug my phone in. The voice command for google only works if I press the "speaker" button or the screen. Still learning :)
There is a setting in Google Assistant to respond to "hey Google" even if the phone is locked. That said, as quiet as they are the interior cabin of your car while driving is fairly noisy, and Google Assistant may be having difficulty "hearing" your voice over road noise. You can make it better if you mount your phone in a way that places it's mic closer to your mouth.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm old enough to remember the remotes that worked off of the sound they made. We discovered the manually operated eggbeater made just the right noise to change the channel, which came in handy when the dog ate the remote. Everyone asked why Dad kept an eggbeater on the table next to his easy chair.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm old enough to remember the remotes that worked off of the sound they made. We discovered the manually operated eggbeater made just the right noise to change the channel, which came in handy when the dog ate the remote. Everyone asked why Dad kept an eggbeater on the table next to his easy chair.
Dad made one of us get up and change the channel. On fathers day, he did not get a tie, but rather a new remote.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
I liked the Motorola MA1 wireless dongle so much in my wife's BS BL that I bought one for my Escape.

Our music is wma files so we had to add VLC for Android to our phones. Then just added a radio app tonight, TuneIn Radio.
Sponsored