How is the stock radio in the Outer Banks edition?

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I have only been in a Outer Banks with the upgraded radio. How is the sound with the standard radio. Tough to find a BS with the upgraded radio other than the one I drove but did not have the 360 + option, so that not an option for me.

Thanks
Sponsored

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
One youtube review i watched said the stock speakers are basically pure garbage.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I have only been in a Outer Banks with the upgraded radio. How is the sound with the standard radio. Tough to find a BS with the upgraded radio other than the one I drove but did not have the 360 + option, so that not an option for me.

Thanks
Sound is very subjective. You’d have to hear it yourself to judge how good/bad the system is.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Sound is very subjective. You’d have to hear it yourself to judge how good/bad the system is.
Very true. I haven't heard it, only the upgraded version, and that was the only review that I had seen that specifically mentions the standard speaker system.

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks

Full Send

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2016 F-150 XLT Sport
If you’re an audio person that enjoys music on the louder side then the stock radio should be avoided, speakers are too quiet and distort when turned up.

Source: have stock radio

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
If you’re an audio person that enjoys music on the louder side then the stock radio should be avoided, speakers are too quiet and distort when turned up.

Source: have stock radio
Honestly that's typically the case with most stock speakers, unless you're getting a luxury vehicle.

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, test drove a OB with stock radio. Not very good. If your AM radio and newstalk, sports you will be fine. Gotta find one with the upgrade unit.

Thanks

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes, test drove a OB with stock radio. Not very good. If your AM radio and newstalk, sports you will be fine. Gotta find one with the upgrade unit.

Thanks
The frustrating thing is the upgraded sound is only available in very expensive packages, and if the only thing someone wants in that package is improved sound then it's just not worth it. Hopefully they parse out more of the parts of the package as individual upgrades in future models.

Rojo13

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia
Most of above is probably right, but I haven't yet needed to get mine up load enough to distort. I will probably find it flaws soon, but for 90% of my use it sounds great.

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Thanks
I own an Outer Banks with a standard radio and the sound is good.

Msudmann

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Thanks
I have the Outer Banks with the BO stereo. It has 10 speakers and a sub. The sound is very impressive. I am a fan.

scottfwalter

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I have Badlands without Badlands package (wow that is confusing). I think the stock system is adequate but I'm not an audiophile. Probably down the road I may get the speakers upgraded.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I ordered outerbanks with outerbanks w/o moonroof. Once I take delivery, I'll let you know what my wife thinks as she cares more about that than I do.
Sponsored