How is the Badlands at Highway Speeds?

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I'm curious what people think of the BL freeway performance at 70-85mph. What rpm's do you see, is there still power in reserve, and is it a relaxed cruise at speed?

I'm coming from an Escape hybrid that is unpleasant and stressful to run at those speeds (think 4k rpm), so I'm hoping the BL will be a big improvement in that area.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Econoline

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping to hear. ?

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Like the others have said, this thing is great on all roadways. My wife actually commented on how she really liked the stiffer ride compared to her old Nissan... although she may be a little more accustom to bumpy rides since she spends a lot of time riding in my kidney bustin', full leaf sprung, '04 F250. The Baby Bronco performs well on our mountain twisty roads but also not too stiff for downtown or highway travels. Cabin is quiet at all speeds and the 2.0 seems always ready to kick it up a notch.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm curious what people think of the BL freeway performance at 70-85mph.
I’m going to go a bit against the grain on this one. The BS is an attempt at an all-round vehicle, which means compromises. It’s good at a lot of things, but not really great at anything—other being an all-rounder. It’ll take you places you can’t get to with your average family sedan, and it’s comfortable on the road, but not as comfortable as your average family sedan.

You can cruise comfortably all day at 70 mph, and it has the power to easily do 85 mph. But I think 85 mph would get tiresome quickly, mainly because the car has a short wheelbase—which makes the steering a bit twitchy at high speed—it sits higher—which means it’s more affected by the wind—it and doesn’t handle as well as a car made to cruise on the highway. Additionally, the boxy design is much less aerodynamic, which means fuel economy will be very sensitive to speed.

I think 70 mph is much more realistic expectation for a comfortable, relaxed, economic highway speed. But your comfort, relaxation, and dollar tolerance may be higher than mine. :like:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Mine goes down highway smooth and quiet with a lot of power in reserve if needed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport (On order)
I'm curious what people think of the BL freeway performance at 70-85mph. What rpm's do you see, is there still power in reserve, and is it a relaxed cruise at speed?

I'm coming from an Escape hybrid that is unpleasant and stressful to run at those speeds (think 4k rpm), so I'm hoping the BL will be a big improvement in that area.
I traded in a 2018 Escape 2L Titanium that had way more power than I needed....
Sponsored