thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The good news is prices are creeping slowly down. They're still terrible, but terrible and declining is preferable to terrible and rising.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We now allow total idiots to hold our highest offices.
We've always done that. There's nothing new under the sun.

vzepol

Big Bend
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My mileage is 50% better than my Escape. So far I am still spending less on gasoline.

vzepol

Big Bend
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
At what cost ? I think the American people as a whole, the majority has finally been dumbed down enough to not be able to ever see the big picture anymore. I stress EVER.
We now allow total idiots to hold our highest offices.
We allow projects that would have helped us become far less dependent on foreign oil to be shut down by said idiots.
We allowed/Turned a blind eye to just over 2 million illegal immigrants that have been brought in to this country, given money and a free bus ticket to anywhere in our nation they want to go WITH hand out money for housing AND health care.
Why did our leader allow this ? Because those non English speaking people will cast ballots as they were told to do for the party that got them here.THIS is election tampering !
Then we complain and piss and moan like spoiled children.
All the while our country is being sold out we care not as long as we get a new car and cell phone when we want it, and can remain fat.
The poor are now happy because they get more free money with no need to earn it.
Rome fell….
What makes Americans think we are above that ?
All the while we are distracted by fuel cost. Got news for you.
The worlds oil supply is limited.
Just keep bitching about the price of gas.
And IF Old Glory falls it will be our fault and only our fault.
The thinkers will know the Truth.
Americans destroyed America.
It has been nice chatting with all of you. I will assume I’ll be kicked out of this forum shorty.
I have Spoken.

The pot calling the kettle black.

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey Admin, Gas prices are dictated by politics. You do realize that right ?
Yes. Current gas prices are the result of poor energy and national defense policies. Kinda hard to discus the topic without touching on politics. I'm not naming names. Trying to adhere to guidelines. The Saudis are currently telling the world not to count on them to make up for its domestic production shortages.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The "why" of it is a much more complex issue than is generally presented. There isn't one single villain or reason, there are many reasons why gas is high right now. It sucks, but we have to live through it.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If you are worried at all about the price of gas you should have purchased a hybrid or electric vehicle. I don’t even consider gas mileage when I buy a vehicle. Everyone should know ahead of their purchase if they can afford the vehicle if gas spikes. If $5/gal
gas means you can’t afford to drive it then you shouldn’t have purchased it to begin with.

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If you are worried at all about the price of gas you should have purchased a hybrid or electric vehicle. I don’t even consider gas mileage when I buy a vehicle. Everyone should know ahead of their purchase if they can afford the vehicle if gas spikes. If $5/gal
gas means you can’t afford to drive it then you shouldn’t have purchased it to begin with.
Some are concerned about more than themselves.

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
A question I've asked for years is why economical bi-fuel engines are not available. Even discussed with Boone Pickens one time. He was driving a CNG powered Honda to make a point. Was pushing his plan to convert HD trucks to CNG. Right now at the local Love's CNG is $1.69. Back when vehicles had carburetors several of my relatives ran their pickups and tractors on propane. The turn of a lever under the dash would toggle between gasoline/propane. Surely today's engineers could come up with an economical engine that could do this.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"Propane" or LNG doesn't have near the BTU density of gasoline, so you'd wind up using a good deal more to get the same performance.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey Admin, Gas prices are dictated by politics. You do realize that right ?
Why this thread was not shut down immediately still cracks me up. But the warning, makes me laugh more! ?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back when vehicles had carburetors several of my relatives ran their pickups and tractors on propane.
All of our farm trucks growing up ran on butane. Smelly stuff.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Gas is still very cheap in US.
People are only upset because they have to drive. Blame the 70 years of bad infrastructure and urban planning which spawned whole cities where you can't do basic shopping without driving. Furthermore, the car being an ultimate expression of freedom and individuality is really appealing to the psyche of an American. This leads to the cost of operating your object of individualistic expression correlated directly to a perceived attack on your personal freedoms.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gas is still very cheap in US.
People are only upset because they have to drive. Blame the 70 years of bad infrastructure and urban planning which spawned whole cities where you can't do basic shopping without driving. Furthermore, the car being an ultimate expression of freedom and individuality is really appealing to the psyche of an American. This leads to the cost of operating your object of individualistic expression correlated directly to a perceived attack on your personal freedoms.
What works for urban planning in NYC doesn't work in other locations.
Sponsored