Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
So grabbed a badlands today for good deal. So went ford’s build a vehicle and built one with the same options as I got and the sticker price went up 2400 bucks. What the shit is that.
Sponsored

Broncosprt57

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS badlands
I configured my build which I ordered in March and it was almost $3000 more! $43k for a BS BL is a LOT of money!

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
I had to build it out twice. I thought I added a bunch of options by accident

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I wonder if we saw emails from inside, if they did a loss leader strategy with the bronco/bronco sport.

just thinking. But then again, all their raw materials cost more and energy as well. Whatever reason one wants to think cause that….

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Putin did it.
I imagine Fords accountants and finance people made adjustment for inflation which that is like a 7% price increase so... I checked and the price increase is about that.

Last edited:

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yep... I just bought a new Badlands off the lot a couple days ago after I realized it was the *only* one a dealership within about a 100 mile radius of my house actually had in stock. (Everyone else is showing photos of them that say "in transit" or "on order" as their status. And the dealers willing to discuss it with me all said the "in transit" ones aren't expected to arrive for another month or so -- and are often already spoken for by someone who put a deposit down.)

But at least I got mine before the price increases hit, AND for whatever reason, Ford still showed an $850 credit they applied for me. (I believe it had to do with a used F-150 I bought off a Ford lot many years ago. The credit was still tied to an old phone number I used to have back then. Might have been some kind of reward for being a return customer? The dealership said they were really surprised it popped up in their computer system and they don't see it too often.)

I had to settle for this one in shadow black, when I really didn't want to own another black vehicle. (Every little paint scratch shows up on them....) But it was configured pretty much the way I wanted, so I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'm gonna use my "Ford points" to buy the tow hitch accessory, since that's one thing it lacks. I don't really plan on towing much, but I like being able to add one of those "hitch haulers" for some extra cargo space.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Maybe they are also realizing that they have a very popular vehicle and can charge more money for it.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
Maybe they are also realizing that they have a very popular vehicle and can charge more money for it.
The Bronco Sport Badlands is taking sales away from Subaru Forester and probably RAV4. Plus the dealers are marking the higher trim Badkands $5k over sticker. So Ford realizes “if you can’t beat them join them”. as of today the order banks are closed. I’m guessing they will reopen in September for January- February 2023 deliverirs. BTW - I’m selling my Badlands 2022, with 1,500 miles it’s listed on the forum or Private Message me for information. I’m in California.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yep... I just bought a new Badlands off the lot a couple days ago after I realized it was the *only* one a dealership within about a 100 mile radius of my house actually had in stock. (Everyone else is showing photos of them that say "in transit" or "on order" as their status. And the dealers willing to discuss it with me all said the "in transit" ones aren't expected to arrive for another month or so -- and are often already spoken for by someone who put a deposit down.)

But at least I got mine before the price increases hit, AND for whatever reason, Ford still showed an $850 credit they applied for me. (I believe it had to do with a used F-150 I bought off a Ford lot many years ago. The credit was still tied to an old phone number I used to have back then. Might have been some kind of reward for being a return customer? The dealership said they were really surprised it popped up in their computer system and they don't see it too often.)

I had to settle for this one in shadow black, when I really didn't want to own another black vehicle. (Every little paint scratch shows up on them....) But it was configured pretty much the way I wanted, so I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'm gonna use my "Ford points" to buy the tow hitch accessory, since that's one thing it lacks. I don't really plan on towing much, but I like being able to add one of those "hitch haulers" for some extra cargo space.
Congratulations! Love mine. I rushed down when someone bailed as well. The cyber orange sold 10min before I got there and I ended up with Iconic Silver.

I don’t like silver that much cause I think it’s a pretty boring color. But my wife likes it. It’s growing on me as I put more black things on it LOL.

my route was a 2015 4cyl base mustang theygave me 17k for. Got an OB.

then the badlands showed up at a different dealer…. So I rushed on an off chance I could do a good trade. It was an easy deal to make.

now I rock a badlands.

funny think is it seemed meant to be. ThenOB was iconic silver also.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Congratulations! Love mine. I rushed down when someone bailed as well. The cyber orange sold 10min before I got there and I ended up with Iconic Silver.

I don’t like silver that much cause I think it’s a pretty boring color. But my wife likes it. It’s growing on me as I put more black things on it LOL.

my route was a 2015 4cyl base mustang theygave me 17k for. Got an OB.

then the badlands showed up at a different dealer…. So I rushed on an off chance I could do a good trade. It was an easy deal to make.

now I rock a badlands.

funny think is it seemed meant to be. ThenOB was iconic silver also.
Congrats on your BL!
They call Silver Iconic for a reason... and the BL badge really pops on the silver.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I configured my build which I ordered in March and it was almost $3000 more! $43k for a BS BL is a LOT of money!
You paid too much, again all the market will bare.
43k buys a lot more vehicle when your not buying the latest still hot new toy.
43k gets a 4x4 Ranger I think.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You paid too much, again all the market will bare.
43k buys a lot more vehicle when your not buying the latest still hot new toy.
43k gets a 4x4 Ranger I think.
You are correct , but I test drove a ranger, seems so much tighter inside. The sport to me is a much better option. The pricing...yeah spot on.
Sponsored