Help with horn beeping on exit when running

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've gone through all the settings until I'm blue in the face and can't find this setting. I'm our neighborhood watch coordinator and sometimes need to get out of my vehicle and leave it running without announcing to trespassers/ night time thieves. Can some one tell me how to do this? Thanks.
Sponsored

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
I found this annoying also. Happens when I grab the mail upon coming home from work. If I leave the drivers door open, the horn doesn’t sound.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I've gone through all the settings until I'm blue in the face and can't find this setting. I'm our neighborhood watch coordinator and sometimes need to get out of my vehicle and leave it running without announcing to trespassers/ night time thieves. Can some one tell me how to do this? Thanks.
Don’t forget your Door Code !!!!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
There’s no Setting for that beep (leaving vehicle running when you exit the vehicle taking the keyfob with you).

Perhaps you have to leave the vehicle running in order to make a hasty getaway if a trespasser/night time thief is spotted.

Others have asked how to disable the beep, for example see Post #19 followed by #20 where @coopny indicated there might be a FORScan parameter but don’t know if coopny looked for it.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I am developing a FORScan spreadsheet for the Bronco Sport but not yet finished. It is a setting called "double honk" which just needs to be disabled. I do not recall the module. Give me a few days and I will post the instructions on how to do this. You will need a FORScan compatible OBD2 connector, a Windows based laptop, FORScan software with the free two month license.

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am developing a FORScan spreadsheet for the Bronco Sport but not yet finished. It is a setting called "double honk" which just needs to be disabled. I do not recall the module. Give me a few days and I will post the instructions on how to do this. You will need a FORScan compatible OBD2 connector, a Windows based laptop, FORScan software with the free two month license.
Forscan probably exceeds my technical ability. My dealer is about 80 miles away. I've never had to take my 21 BL nor my 23 back to the dealer for service. Maybe if I'm there, I'll ask them to it. Guess I will just not leave it running when I get out. Thanks to all who replied.

R W NORRIS New Mexico

Big Bend
First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You get that spreadsheet, I sure would appreciate a copy or link. I would like that in my notebook for future use. Alot of user settings that no one knows about here. My local dealer refuses to service my vehicle because I caught him/or the tech not being so honest. So my nearest dealer is 3.5 hours away. So I need all the info I can get. Thanks. Rodger

CancunBadlands

Badlands
First Name
CancunBadlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Cyber Orange
ForScan should do the trick for you

First Name
Alto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Curious? Coming out of Left field…Using 2Fobs, leaving 1 taking 1 ? ? ?
Also If I left one could I still lock / unlock?
I’m currently Overseas so I can’t just run out & check.
Sponsored