Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Sue them in small claims court for replacement grill. Easy to file the papers and have them served.

Just filing may prompt them to make things right.
Sue for parts and labor AND your fuel AND the Rental AND your time.
I don’t know about you but my time is worth $75 an hour with a minimum of Eight hours a day..
I have spoken.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
That sucks, bud.

I'd keep pressuring the car wash place. Small-claims court, as already mentioned, is ideal but a nuisance for you as you don't even live there. If not, for only a couple hundred bucks, I would just fix it and be done with it.

Problem is that the grill itself (if you chose to replace) is around $400 BUT it is painted, so you'll have to pay for that as well.

With that said, you may be able to take it to a body shop to just have them repaint. Would probably be pretty inexpensive if you also took the grill off yourself and save tons of body shop labor charges.

mwright88

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Was trying to get a nice clean up job while on a vacation in Mesa, AZ. Took it to Five Star Car Wash. Noticed later these drip marks on my grill that do NOT come off. It looks like they used a chemical that destroyed the finish. I am so so sad and mad! Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215217763

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215213670
It’s the inferior products Ford is using, it would not of happened 3 years ago

bozer

Badlands
First Name
brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250, 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It’s the inferior products Ford is using, it would not of happened 3 years ago
Agreed, I removed a little adhesive off my Badlands grill with isopropyl alcohol and it left a little of the grill paint on my white cloth. The paint on the Badlands grill doesn't seem very durable.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Was trying to get a nice clean up job while on a vacation in Mesa, AZ. Took it to Five Star Car Wash. Noticed later these drip marks on my grill that do NOT come off. It looks like they used a chemical that destroyed the finish. I am so so sad and mad! Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215217763

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 PXL_20220919_215213670
Try a magic eraser just for grins..... I've found these things to remove stains nothing else would touch.

Mick2022OB

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Just be careful using these on painted surfaces; they are abrasive.
I use various products that restore the black on plastic trim. I know it's not black I wonder if one of those would work. I didn't know the grill as painted just the color of the grill. Wish youuck.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
For those suggesting a lawsuit, I don't think it is possible to definitely prove that this place is responsible. They surely are, but it'll be one person's word against anothers. I don't think a lawsuit over this would be anything more than a waste of time and money. If there were before and after pictures of the cleaning received... in other words, some difinitive evidence, then a lawsuit might be worth it.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 1664237845090

OP
you're real close
if it were my choice
new colors
make sure paint has good adhesion on the blemished area

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Depending on how much it will cost, thinking of going this route... Subtle, but I think I would be happy with the slight change up.

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 Screenshot_20220926-210711

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Depending on how much it will cost, thinking of going this route... Subtle, but I think I would be happy with the slight change up.

Ford Bronco Sport Help! Took my BS to a hand car wash and niw I'm afraid my grill is ruined 😭 Screenshot_20220926-210711
Good luck getting anyone to wrap the grille. Lots of holes and abrupt contours. Better off painting and you could do that yourself.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Considering his grill needs to be repainted regardless, could it get any worse???
I don't know if using a magic erasure will make it worse, I just know they are abrasive and care should be taken if you plan to use one on a painted surface.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Sue for parts and labor AND your fuel AND the Rental AND your time.
I don’t know about you but my time is worth $75 an hour with a minimum of Eight hours a day..
I have spoken.
The filing fee, plus appearing interstate for the hearing, only to have the carwash owner present a photo of a sign saying "Not Responsible for Damages (except in case of gross negligence)" and having to still fix the grill is not an appealing option. How do you prove the carwash was negligent or the fault is not with the vehicle? You'd have to find other people with the same complaint. Where are those people? Sucks, but just repair/replace it. A grille is $500 as a part; get a 20% discount right now.
Sponsored