Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Hey All,

First, please note that I am also going to post this thread over on the 6G Side of things. Just seems like there are a lot of folks over there with eyes on both Bronco and Sport Versions who can help with this.

So I'm 6'2"... worried about headroom for Sport Badlands with Sun Roof.

If anyone has access to getting in one, maybe a few photos could be taken. Or opinions regarding technical specs.

I did the compare and contrast on specs, Bronco Sport vs Escape. Test Drove an Escape Titanium as well. Seat didn't seem to go down all that far.

Just disappointed that the extra headroom for the Sport is chopped down due to the Sun Roof. Yes, I want the Badlands package, so sun roof is part of the program.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Yea.. for sure... appreciate the specs being posted, definitely helps for those that havn't looked at them yet. Hopefully, someone at my height gets a chance to sit in one and see for themselves and report back.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Hey cool... yea video... is it a video or just the photo. Would love the link if you have it... I'm also noticing the spot where the sunroof would go. Looks like the basically built it out for easy construction plug and play. As in, if an order came in for or without a sunroof, its easy for Ford to plug and play.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Hey All,

Someone from the 6g post I made said they are 6'1"... drove an Escape with Sunroof and said he had plenty of room...

Plus, he mentioned something I didn't consider which is the Bronco Sport is much wider than the Escape, which delivers us more side headroom if you will. Both good points for taller individuals for sure.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Somewhat related - I was wondering if the rear seats reclined at all. Even an inch or two. It could make sitting in the rear more comfortable if they are not reclined enough in their normal position. Would anyone know? I wonder if the two knuckleheads would know.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Somewhat related - I was wondering if the rear seats reclined at all. Even an inch or two. It could make sitting in the rear more comfortable if they are not reclined enough in their normal position. Would anyone know? I wonder if the two knuckleheads would know.
Honestly, that's a great question... my only reference is the Escape Titanium I sat in last week when I did the test drive.

I left the driver seat pretty far back... sound on as well to experience the B and O system... got in the rear driver side to test that out.

It reclined, and moved back a couple of inches. We should get information on if the Sport has the same setup.

The room in the Escape was great, super comfortable. The sport is going to be a lounge in comparison. Wider and taller. Leg room is same as Escape. New post starting for the specs on seat recline and front to back movement coming.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
How was the BO system?
Honestly, its good. Really not just saying that either. Obviously, there's always going to be better. But its not like we're buying Beamers here with Bose systems right.

But in all sincerity its a really solid stock system. As expected, its not as fine tuned as I'd like it to be... as in, I tuned into the hip hop channel on Sirius... then the "Rage Against the Machine" style one... played with the levels to get them in a good place... and it sounded great, but it was just too loud once you go past 50% power. Not a negative, really has more to do with the amp/receiver than anything else. Really though, sounded great.

Also, I will be looking in to putting some vibration dampening around the sub woofer. It rattled the trunk a bit. As expected though, Ford's not the local car speaker dealer right... But really great bang for the buck.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tested the BL + BL and I'm 6'3"...there is "a ton" of headroom and -- to emphasize this point -- as the seat is very upright AND I prefer to sit fairly upright myself, AND there's also "a ton" of up-down power seat travel -- I put it about midway to get the preferred reach to the pedals -- I still had "a ton" of headroom left over. 'Moonroof' included in this pkg of course.

What also happened -- with this "greedy" driver positioning I then tested the passenger seat behind and was squeezed back there -- but fit. Without such "greedy" driver adjustment, I'm positive I could actually be comfortable even riding in the back, as there is way more than enough headroom and room for 2 in the back.
Sponsored