Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
A truggy is a type of high performance off-road racing vehicle that combines features from two older existing categories of off-road racing vehicles, trucks and buggies.
Yeah, that’s what I think of my Baby Bronc. :’P
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
… in my parking lot??‍♂. I’m not too savvy with these things which is surprising as I grew up in northern Alberta. I really thought I wouldn’t have these issues with my Bronco. I've tried rocking it, changing tire positions, slippery drive mode, low, can't figure out how to lock in 4 wheel drive. So quite embarrassed. My vehicle savvy friends are all unavailable. Any hints, tips and/or tricks? Greatly appreciated!
snow tires?

mtrm100

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If it happens again - try putting your mats under your wheels to see if you can get traction

Magnato1

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When you are resting firmly on your skid plates, you are "high centered'.
No amount of better tires will help, "high centered" is forever.
Get a good shovel.
birddog hit the nail on the head. In heavy snow like that, you’re likely high centered. The snow is packed and you’re not going anywhere until melts or you dig it out from underneath the car.

I recently got stuck in similar conditions. I have never had traction controlled vehicle like this and was completely caught off guard when I tried to power through a deep spot and the traction control pulled all of my power and I got high centered. Took me an hour to dig it out. I was also extremely peeved to learn that the truck has no tow hooks, so when the dude in the lifted LandCruiser offered To pull me out, I was SOL.

As others have mentioned, if you’re going through deep heavy snow, put it in sand mode and keep the power on.

Good luck!

Jocker

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks! I thought vehicles like this were made not to get stuck?! ?. Well I’m going to abandon in it where it is; I’m front of the commercial garbage bin in my parking lot. Either I get lucky and it gets taken to the dump or I take it and shove it up the salesman’s arse! ??. I’m mostly kidding!
Tires are game changers on the bronco. I was having the same issues with the stock tires in about 3 inches of snow. I got the bf K02 and it's 100% different. Last month the PNW got about 8-12inches of snowfall. Never got stuck or had any issues.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Push the 4WD and rear locker buttons, then turn off traction control. Put it in reverse and step on the gas a little. When the car gets as far backwards as it can go quickly step on the brake. Shift to drive and step on the gas a little. When the car stops moving forward quickly step on the brake. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually you will make a long enough rut/track you can get enough momentum on a forward run to pop out of the rut and get unstuck. Once out of the rut keep on the gas through the deeper stuff--wheel spin is ok here--until you get to a plowed area.

Of course, if the snow is deep enough to touch the bottom side of the car you're probably not going anywhere.

EDIT: As Magicbus notes, only the Badlands and First Edition have rear lockers.
Kitty litter?....might help for traction also

OP
OP
TrevAB

TrevAB

Big Bend
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Thanks to all of you for all the great tips and help. Some digging around the tires and sand mode did the trick. After a few attempts. And they finally plowed my lot. Lol! Thanks again! Y’all rock!

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Thanks! I thought vehicles like this were made not to get stuck?! ?. Well I’m going to abandon in it where it is; I’m front of the commercial garbage bin in my parking lot. Either I get lucky and it gets taken to the dump or I take it and shove it up the salesman’s arse! ??. I’m mostly kidding!
They are. Mine does just fine and can go thru about 10 inches like butter. Try your different modes and don't be flooring the gas peddle.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
The A/S tires that come on the lower trims and the stock tires on the Badlands aren't great for snow/mud/sand.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your BS/BB or other non-Badlands/First Ed. does not have locking for 4WD nor rear "differential." It should however do its best to distribute torque to wheels that have traction (instead of endlessly spinning the slipping wheels like any other 'normal' vehicle with open differential(s)). Even without "locking" engaged, the Badlands/First Ed. still has the advanced rear drive (independently clutched and computer controlled) that can do better than the standard rear open diff. in the other trims. Slippery mode works great in my Badlands, both drive locks on or off, but I am seeing all 4 wheels driven in the dash display under "conditions." You might have only 1 or 2 wheels being driven -- and then only spinning uselessly if no traction. Sand mode should "encourage" more spinning at all 4 wheels, which I think is what you want in this situation, bogged in snow/slush.

This situation would be much worse for you in a traditional RWD-only car or truck -- sitting there with 1 rear wheel spinning in the snow/slush. FWD marginally better since you can have more driving control. Your Big Bend is like a combination of a FWD and RWD vehicle -- but even better than that because of the drive/computer controls built-in. But it's not the same as a locking 4WD with rear (and in some other cases front as well) drive locking too.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
birddog hit the nail on the head. In heavy snow like that, you’re likely high centered. The snow is packed and you’re not going anywhere until melts or you dig it out from underneath the car.

I recently got stuck in similar conditions. I have never had traction controlled vehicle like this and was completely caught off guard when I tried to power through a deep spot and the traction control pulled all of my power and I got high centered. Took me an hour to dig it out. I was also extremely peeved to learn that the truck has no tow hooks, so when the dude in the lifted LandCruiser offered To pull me out, I was SOL.

As others have mentioned, if you’re going through deep heavy snow, put it in sand mode and keep the power on.

Good luck!
The BL and FE have tow hooks on the front, but there is also a recovery point on rear bumper that can be used if you don't have a tow hitch (which blocks it).

Not sure if you have the tow package or not, but if you don't, check this post out and see if you have the pin. If so, you'll have an option in the future to be pulled out for something light like that (high centered on snow). This is assuming a pull from the rear would alleviate your issue. Not sure where to suggest a recovery from the front with the BB trim. Mine has the front hooks so I never gave it much thought.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/rear-tow-hook.3105/post-73330

Deleted member 6568

Always turn off traction control. It will try to not let your engine rev. You need your power in deep stuff. Then, GO GET SOME Ko2s. They last forever, and are basically like a run flat tire. I drove to California TWICE with a large screw in one. Never had a flat I hundreds of miles. They are great in snow.
Sponsored