certz656

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2010 Sport Trac Adenaline
Hello.. we finally took delivery of our Bronco Sport. We placed the order in January and it was delivered to the dealership last Thursday and was ready for pickup on Saturday. It was a long wait but was worth it. Its a Badlands with every option except for the slotted rims, color is Red Pepper Red with Black top. I do have a couple of questions, when I parked it in my garage I kept hearing whirring or humming sounds that continued for a few minutes after shut down, not cooling fan, somewhere near firewall. Also has anyone noticed how much glare reflects off the humps on the hood? Was driving toward sunset and the sun glare reflecting off the back of the humps was terrible. Thinking of maybe putting matte black stripes on the humps, I had a 2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk and it had matte black stripes on the hood and never had glare problems. I'll post some pics soon.
Sponsored

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Welcome to the forum. That sound may be the headlight cooling fans.

OP
OP

certz656

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the forum. That sound may be the headlight cooling fans.
Not sure but the noise seems to be coming from near the firewall. I also noticed that the power seats do not a tilting feature, up down, back and forth and seat back recline but no seat bottom tilt. It shows 8 way power seat for driver seat on Sticker. Oppps... correction, just figured out they are including the lumbar adjustment a power feature. I am dissappointed that the engine cover is missing along with the panel under the passenger side dash. Thanks to this forum I am realizing how Ford is cheating their customers by cutting items that they deem as unneccessary. Also before we took delivery the sticker price had risen by $3000 dollars but due to our purchase contract they were obligated to honor our agreed upon price.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
yes... 8 way power seat is up/down, forward back, seatback up/down AND... lumbar in/out.

Engine cover is no longer provided. However, that panel under the dash was ordered for me by the dealer... only took about a week. I put it in myself in just a few minutes.

OP
OP

certz656

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes... 8 way power seat is up/down, forward back, seatback up/down AND... lumbar in/out.

Engine cover is no longer provided. However, that panel under the dash was ordered for me by the dealer... only took about a week. I put it in myself in just a few minutes.
Thanks, it took my awhile to figure the 8 way seat functions. I guess I took it for granted that most driver side power seats have a tilting function. The more I read on this forum the more I am finding more things like missing, parts. The under body panel on the right side is missing either by design or cost cutting, I'm sure that may help cut down on road noise help in aero. Why are these things missing, it took 7 months to get, they told me if I deleted the sunroof I could have gotten it sooner but we wanted it, so wait we did. Don't get me wrong, I do like the BS but wish that Ford would not cheat new owners of all the items that should be in place when the vehicle is delivered. Thanks for all of the info I'm getting.
Sponsored