Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Enjoy your time here! Nice bike and nice FE!

OP
OP

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Enjoy your time here! Nice bike and nice FE!
Thanks looking forward to it. Cooler weather will be nice for sure. The bike is a 2014 FZ09. I do have saddle bags and a larger win screen that goes on it.
I am coming up from the New Orleans area and will be staying in Asheville.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Asheville is on the other side of the mountain, I'm on the Tennessee side. Deal's Gap is about twenty minutes with a tailwind. Had an FZ-07 some time back, that's a nice one!

OP
OP

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Been to deals gap a few times. Thinking about getting on the Blue Ridge and just heading North for a few days. Been on the Tennessee side quite a few times. I am a flat lander so anytime I can get into the mountains I love it.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Nice is that a Triumph? Looks like beautiful country also. Sorry I see that it is. Very nice have fun.
Yes, 2016 Street Triple 675. This pic is in the Catskill mountains in upstate NY, I was heading back from New York Safety Track.

I'd love to take a trip down to Deal's Gap some day. Have fun and ride safe.

OP
OP

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, 2016 Street Triple 675. This pic is in the Catskill mountains in upstate NY, I was heading back from New York Safety Track.

I'd love to take a trip down to Deal's Gap some day. Have fun and ride safe.
Will do if you go let me know. I will give you some gpx files with rides I have done. Mostly back streets and occasionally hit some gravel roads that just show up suddenly. :) I was on some back roads and they had 5 guys come by me in the opposite direction. They were riding supermotard bikes. or motocross bikes made street legal. It happened pretty fast around a turn so not to sure.

Little to old to do the track thing. Not sure if the cement got harder but the falls seem to hurt a lot more and knock on wood hopefully I am done with them.

Vinnie

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Bikes and Broncos are a match.
First time installing and driving with this set up on the BS. Our BL came with the factory installed tow hitch. The motorcycle rack and motorcycle weigh about 275 pounds and when set up there was no sag in the rear and it drove normally, now that its the start of Red Tag Season, I will use this set up every week end through May.
The only thing thats more fun that our BL is my 2020 KTM 300 XC TPI

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8556

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8557

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8558

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8559

OP
OP

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice. Brings back good memories of riding dirt bikes. Its been like 10 years though. Have fun be safe. :)
Also love that color and it looks great.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
First time installing and driving with this set up on the BS. Our BL came with the factory installed tow hitch. The motorcycle rack and motorcycle weigh about 275 pounds and when set up there was no sag in the rear and it drove normally, now that its the start of Red Tag Season, I will use this set up every week end through May.

That’s a 2 stroke KTM? Have fun at the park. You would like California, lots of varied riding and plenty of places to get challenged (hurt) lol. I had a Yamaha WR250 before, that was sorted out for the dirt. The range was okay, about 130 miles. which meant not nearly enough trail riding. It was plated, to get to the trail - Jawbone OHV Park inCalifornia was about 30 miles round trip. The other bike was a Triumph dual sport - Roadie. But at 560 lbs wet it was a lot of bike. I’m considering getting a smaller KTM for tight single tracks and trail riding In the future and skipping the Big Bronco for going off road. Just doesn’t make sense to be stuck on an off-road 2 lane dirt highway for jeeps, with a $50k Bronco. I’ve got all the gear, boots, armor vest, gloves, etc from the last bike(s). I like the two strokes but the red sticker limits the riding season. KTM makes a 250 4 stroke, but I’m sure it’s pricey. So that leads me to a thumper or an older 2 stroke KTM 175cc - 250cc class

OP
OP

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That’s a 2 stroke KTM? Have fun at the park. You would like California, lots of varied riding and plenty of places to get challenged (hurt) lol. I had a Yamaha WR250 before, that was sorted out for the dirt. The range was okay, about 130 miles. which meant not nearly enough trail riding. It was plated, to get to the trail - Jawbone OHV Park inCalifornia was about 30 miles round trip. The other bike was a Triumph dual sport - Roadie. But at 560 lbs wet it was a lot of bike. I’m considering getting a smaller KTM for tight single tracks and trail riding In the future and skipping the Big Bronco for going off road. Just doesn’t make sense to be stuck on an off-road 2 lane dirt highway for jeeps, with a $50k Bronco. I’ve got all the gear, boots, armor vest, gloves, etc from the last bike(s). I like the two strokes but the red sticker limits the riding season. KTM makes a 250 4 stroke, but I’m sure it’s pricey. So that leads me to a thumper or an older 2 stroke KTM 175cc - 250cc class
I thought about a KLX/KLR 650 or whatever the heck they are many a time. In fact it may be my next bike if there is a next. Its a little big but from what I have read and heard from owners they are very happy with it.

KLR 650 Tour

Last edited:

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

When I first saw that bike carrier I was like no way, but that looks real secure. Enjoy the trips!

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
I thought about a KLX/KLR 650 or whatever the heck they are many a time. In fact it may be my next bike if there is a next. Its a little big but from what I have read and heard from owners they are very happy with it.

KLR 650 Tour
The KLR is a tried and true bike. The parts are cheap and the older carb bikes anyone could work on them. They are the anti-KTM bike. Not refined, heavy and cheap to buy. Pretty well indestructible. It’s a single cylinder. Thumper. Unless you're touring I would skip the donkey. not sure of your riding skill or best case riding scenario.
Sponsored