Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding.

Vinnie

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
the bike rack is very secure and it has no movement when using anti-rattle clamps at the hitch. I have used this set up the past 2 dirt bike seasons in my area with no issues.
The Bronco Sport is great with lots of cargo room for riding gear and when fully loaded with the bike on back there is no noticeable rear suspension sag.
I have a friend that has a KLR and its a great bike, runs like a tank.
Sponsored

OP
OP

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The KLR is a tried and true bike. The parts are cheap and the older carb bikes anyone could work on them. They are the anti-KTM bike. Not refined, heavy and cheap to buy. Pretty well indestructible. It’s a single cylinder. Thumper. Unless you're touring I would skip the donkey. not sure of your riding skill or best case riding scenario.
It would be something I could ride on the street and if I came across gravel or a decent trail it would handle it, Agree it is a rather large bike so it would fit all the needs with the luggage. Currently have 3 motorcycles in the garage. Eventually need to get down to one.

I like the Yamaha Tenere along with the KTM Adventure line of bikes but the price tag well lets just say they are proud of them. They are better bikes than the KLR for sure but at 62 years old the KLR will do whatever I ask of it. Either way I will be riding :). Nice little review

Been riding bikes from about 11 and been riding them all my life.

Last edited:
OP
OP

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice. I would much rather a enclosed trailer but have no place to store it. Have fun :)

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Nice. I would much rather a enclosed trailer but have no place to store it. Have fun :)
Yeah storage is tough, as you can see my driveway space is pretty limited now lol. I wound up building a paver patio that I plan to use as a parking pad for it during the winter.

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_1063

Magnato1

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Bikes and Broncos are a match.
First time installing and driving with this set up on the BS. Our BL came with the factory installed tow hitch. The motorcycle rack and motorcycle weigh about 275 pounds and when set up there was no sag in the rear and it drove normally, now that its the start of Red Tag Season, I will use this set up every week end through May.
The only thing thats more fun that our BL is my 2020 KTM 300 XC TPI

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8556

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8557

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8558

Ford Bronco Sport Heading to the Smokies for a little bike riding. IMG_8559
Isn’t the max tongue weight on the BS 220 lbs?

midmichael

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2022
First time installing and driving with this set up on the BS. Our BL came with the factory installed tow hitch. The motorcycle rack and motorcycle weigh about 275 pounds and when set up there was no sag in the rear and it drove normally, now that its the start of Red Tag Season, I will use this set up every week end through May.

I was interested in doing the same with my motorcycle carrier and a Honda Ruckus. I wanted to know if you had any issues and how this has been working. I know the factory hitch states 220lbs for tongue weight, but I'm thinking they just calculated 10% of the 2200 lbs tow max. Some general articles about tongue weight say 15% which would allow up to 330 lbs.

vsvpvrv

Big Bend
First Name
Arvyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend

Hey, any update since you exceed the hitch tongue weight limit??

How often do you tow? How many miles with each trip towed??

Vinnie

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
sorry for the LATE response , it does fine , almost no sag, I was surprised. where I live you can only ride 2 strokes October - May, I only ride on Sundays during the Season and live about a 40 mile round trip to the "park", Hollister Hills. Does great on the freeway with the flow of traffic and great on the curvy country road to the park. the rack has no wobble to the hitch and I don't need a trailer.
There are some really nice racks to choose from and there is no need for a trailer.
the set up works great, Thanks
Sponsored