Has anyone tried trading in their BS yet?

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
So, I may take a run at the new Maverick as I think I will get more use out of a pick-up then I will with the BS, despite the fact that I really like the BS. A loaded up Maverick Lariat will probably sticker about the same as my BS OB with OB package/towing/360. Just curious with the crazy pricing going on these days if anyone has traded in their BS or inquired with a dealer as to where they are with pricing on taking a BS on a trade.

Thanks
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
So, I may take a run at the new Maverick as I think I will get more use out of a pick-up then I will with the BS, despite the fact that I really like the BS. A loaded up Maverick Lariat will probably sticker about the same as my BS OB with OB package/towing/360. Just curious with the crazy pricing going on these days if anyone has traded in their BS or inquired with a dealer as to where they are with pricing on taking a BS on a trade.

Thanks
Carvana or a simular site would be my choice on getting a deal from the Dealer. Dealer will short change you for sure......

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Carvana and Vroom both offered to give me $38,500 for my FE with 6k miles a few weeks ago. Declined.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Carvana offered me $36900 for my BB with BB pkg, co-pilot 360 assist and tow pkg.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'll throw in my .009 cents....thanks inflation...consider the chips issue industry-wide and a brand new new release...bronco sports are just shaking out the bugs. I would hold on to the Bronco until you see where the Maverick is headed or you may face some of the aggrevation those in purgatory are dealing with right now

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I agree with you OP, however I'm waiting for the 23 or 24 MY Maverick because 1) why jump from the frying pan into the fire by going from one new model to another new model amidst all sorts of manufacturing and supply issues and 2) the 8'' screen + cubby is unacceptable in the top line trim. Maybe (2) doesn't bother you that much but I think the 'parts bin special' vibe will hurt resale value, coupled with what I think will be future aversion to anything manufactured in the year 2021 for obvious reasons.

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point, yes the center screen set up is a bit annoying for sure. I have no plans to sell the BS early but was wondering what dealers were giving for these trade ins. Of course the down side is more miles, older trade in , the longer you weight. As we sit here today, the BS still looks brand new.

OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last point, if your willing to take a flyer on 1st year BS, not sure why I would hesitate on 1st year Maverick.

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What was the sticker on it?
My dealer took X-plan so I paid just under 40k. So really not a bad offer if I was ready to get rid of it, which I'm not. I've had it 9 months almost.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Good point, yes the center screen set up is a bit annoying for sure. I have no plans to sell the BS early but was wondering what dealers were giving for these trade ins. Of course the down side is more miles, older trade in , the longer you weight. As we sit here today, the BS still looks brand new.
Yeah if you have an exit and wait plan the market for the bronco may never be better. Risk/reward. If a truck suits your needs well there ya go.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Last point, if your willing to take a flyer on 1st year BS, not sure why I would hesitate on 1st year Maverick.
The sport borrows a lot from the escape. The Maverick is a relatively new game. And with that said the sport is NOT the escape 2.0 so...yeah. May be worth the leap.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have to say there aren’t many other cars out that I would go after besides the bronco sport.. maybe a Silverado trail boss, a Jeep Gladiator, a Tacoma, or a Big Bronco but those are all pushing 40k and get much worse worse has mileage. I got a big bend with 360+ and the Ford extended service package for 30k….

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Don't want to push my luck, plus I'm not convinced supply/manufacturing problems have materially improved since my Bronco Sport was built earlier this year. Fwiw, I'm still trying to schedule time to have my Sport's transmission diagnosed -- dealerships are booked months out.

On the plus side, the hybrid Mav has a great drivetrain warranty.

carpaymentkid

Big Bend
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rapid red bronco sport
Don't want to push my luck, plus I'm not convinced supply/manufacturing problems have materially improved since my Bronco Sport was built earlier this year. Fwiw, I'm still trying to schedule time to have my Sport's transmission diagnosed -- dealerships are booked months out.

On the plus side, the hybrid Mav has a great drivetrain warranty.
Rule of thumb never buy a vehicle depending on a warranty to save you !
Sponsored