Has anyone tried the Michelin X-ice 235/65R17 on the BS/BL ?

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
We live in So Cal mountains with regular winter snow and LOTS of black ice! Just bought the Badlands with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires. Hopefully we wont have much more ice this year, and won't have to make a decision till October. And, no, we don't do offroad, but liked our F-150 with the X-ice tires for traction and quiet !
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have no experience with the Michelin X-ice tires other than they are supposed to be great tires for snow.
I do live in socal and went up to the mountains while it was snowing yesterday, I also have a Badlands but I have Falken Rubritek tires.
The Highway Patrol wanted people to put on chains even if you had 4WD, The Highway Patrol doesn't always seem consistent with when a 4WD vehicle with mud and snow rated tires needs to have chains, they must have their reasons.
Long story short I don't have chains for the Badlands and I went to another area and didn't have any issues, just need to pay attention and watch your speed.
Also we haven't had this much local snow in years, except maybe a couple of years or so ago when their was premature excitement that the drought was over because all the reservoirs were full.

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
I put those tires on my wife's Badlands in 225/65R17. We are in Cleveland, Ohio and have had several snow storms and a couple ice storms this winter. She loves them and says they are much better than the perelli scorpions.

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no experience with the Michelin X-ice tires other than they are supposed to be great tires for snow.
I do live in socal and went up to the mountains while it was snowing yesterday, I also have a Badlands but I have Falken Rubritek tires.
The Highway Patrol wanted people to put on chains even if you had 4WD, The Highway Patrol doesn't always seem consistent with when a 4WD vehicle with mud and snow rated tires needs to have chains, they must have their reasons.
Long story short I don't have chains for the Badlands and I went to another area and didn't have any issues, just need to pay attention and watch your speed.
Also we haven't had this much local snow in years, except maybe a couple of years or so ago when their was premature excitement that the drought was over because all the reservoirs were full.
The CHP office in Lebek said that the "studless snow tires" count as "with chains" but the officer at the roadblock still has discretion. The X-ice tires are very quiet on the highway, and we often get surprised with black ice in the shadows long after the snow is gone!

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put those tires on my wife's Badlands in 225/65R17. We are in Cleveland, Ohio and have had several snow storms and a couple ice storms this winter. She loves them and says they are much better than the perelli scorpions.

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We drove our F-150 with X-ice tires from Pinetop, Arizona to our home outside of Bakersfield, in Auto4wd (same as AWD) when it snowed ALL THE WAY (even through the desert and Mojave). Never slipped once! Wife loves the tires because they make her feel safe!

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
My wife definitely feels safer with them too.
Sponsored