Has anyone seen replacement windshields with integrated antennas?

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone seen replacement windshields with integrated antennas for the Bronco Sport? My old Expedition had antenna wire in the windshield and the radio was hooked up to it. It was pretty decent at keeping signal when rolling through the mountains. I was thinking it might work better paired with the stubby jr. Or Heck maybe even just replace the antenna on top with a plug and just use the antenna on the windshield.
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
https://www.amazon.ca/wlaniot-Universal-Adhesive-Receiver-Connector/dp/B07T5K2JR9/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B07T5K2JR9&psc=1
Could something like this (and it looks like there’s any number of different choices) approximate those windshields with the antennas buried in them, without the cost of replacing the windshield? They do have splutters & boosters as well it looks like.
I remember this being a thing with GM cars way back when (remembering an awesome 78 cutlass here…) & perhaps others adopted it then as well, but I didn’t realize the antennas in glass carried into the modern day. I’d think they’d only make replacement windshields though for cars designed like that initially though I sure could be wrong.

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
https://www.amazon.ca/wlaniot-Universal-Adhesive-Receiver-Connector/dp/B07T5K2JR9/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B07T5K2JR9&psc=1
Could something like this (and it looks like there’s any number of different choices) approximate those windshields with the antennas buried in them, without the cost of replacing the windshield? They do have splutters & boosters as well it looks like.
I remember this being a thing with GM cars way back when (remembering an awesome 78 cutlass here…) & perhaps others adopted it then as well, but I didn’t realize the antennas in glass carried into the modern day. I’d think they’d only make replacement windshields though for cars designed like that initially though I sure could be wrong.
Yeah, might have to go that route. I'm surprised windshield antennas are so uncommon now. I always thought it was a great feature.

Reactions: MJE

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
Has anyone seen replacement windshields with integrated antennas for the Bronco Sport? My old Expedition had antenna wire in the windshield and the radio was hooked up to it. It was pretty decent at keeping signal when rolling through the mountains. I was thinking it might work better paired with the stubby jr. Or Heck maybe even just replace the antenna on top with a plug and just use the antenna on the windshield.
I'm using a stubby in a rural area and it works just fine. Best 8 bucks I've spent in a while.
Sponsored