Has anyone ever sold their BS back to a dealer?

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone ever sold their BS back to a dealer? If so how was your experience?
I have a Cyber Orange FE that I'm considering replacing, there isn't anything wrong w/it, it's just not exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks!
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Carmax, Carvana, Vroom can all provide instant offer online. Carmax gave me online quote of $16,400 for my 2014 Honda CRV. But when I took it down and they saw it they upped it to $18,000. It had 74,000 miles but was in new car like cond.

I recommend wash wax vehicle and get interior clean clean clean before getting in person quote.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone ever sold their BS back to a dealer? If so how was your experience?
I have a Cyber Orange FE that I'm considering replacing, there isn't anything wrong w/it, it's just not exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks!
This FE is about an hour away from me and I wonder what the chances are that they will get anything close to $52k. According to cargurus it's overpriced by $4200 but almost $48k is pretty damn good. I'd take that in a hot minute.
https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/615381630

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This FE is about an hour away from me and I wonder what the chances are that they will get anything close to $52k. According to cargurus it's overpriced by $4200 but almost $48k is pretty damn good. I'd take that in a hot minute.
https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/615381630
The only problem is what do you drive while you wait for whatever you're going to replace it with? That's the problem I ran into with my Mustang. I had several great offers on it while I was waiting for the Bronco Sport, but I couldn't sell it until the BS arrived.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The only problem is what do you drive while you wait for whatever you're going to replace it with? That's the problem I ran into with my Mustang. I had several great offers on it while I was waiting for the Bronco Sport, but I couldn't sell it until the BS arrived.
I thought about that.
If I was pretty certain that I could sell off my FE I would go ahead and purchase the replacement first. It’s risky though because I don’t want to be stuck w/a vehicle that I can’t sell or get what I want for it.

Last edited:

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I got an offer from CarMax for my truck. The offer was good for a few days.
If all you need is a couple/few days CarMax and the like should work for you.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Carmax gave me online quote of $16,400 for my "14 Honda CRV. I ask Ford dealer if they could match that offer. Ford dealer showed no interest what so ever and I did not push the issue. So after I bought BS I thoroughly cleaned shined detailed CRV, it was in pristine cond 74k miles and every factory option. Took to Carmax and they upped offer to $18,000. Sold!!

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
When I asked the Ford dealer if he wanted to match Carmax when I bought my Bronco he said he couldn't pay more for the BS than I paid for it (same dealer) and said Carmax was absolutely the best way to go. He was pretty upfront and honest about it, I paid MSRP for both vehicles so I completely get it.

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
CarMax offered me 45k for my Cyber Orange FE last week. Took it to Ford and they initially offered 42k, then upped it to 45k when I pushed them.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
CarMax offered me 45k for my Cyber Orange FE last week. Took it to Ford and they initially offered 42k, then upped it to 45k when I pushed them.
Why getting rid of it?

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
You got rid of both? Why?
Well my Bronco adventure this year started with my Cactus Gray OBX, had it for about a month and a half, then found a abandoned order BL, sold the OBX, what I made on the OBX just about paid for the BL. Thought I would be good for awhile but then my Ford salesman called and said they had a abandoned order Bronco OBX, believe it or not they sold it to me for MSRP, couldn't pass that up. Scooped that right up and sold the BL again for just about what I paid for the Bronco. Each time I moved up range getting the $$ from the previous car to pay for the difference. I'm pretty happy right now, still can't believe I snagged a Bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone ever sold their BS back to a dealer? IMG_6990

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Well my Bronco adventure this year started with my Cactus Gray OBX, had it for about a month and a half, then found a abandoned order BL, sold the OBX, what I made on the OBX just about paid for the BL. Thought I would be good for awhile but then my Ford salesman called and said they had a abandoned order Bronco OBX, believe it or not they sold it to me for MSRP, couldn't pass that up. Scooped that right up and sold the BL again for just about what I paid for the Bronco. Each time I moved up range getting the $$ from the previous car to pay for the difference. I'm pretty happy right now, still can't believe I snagged a Bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone ever sold their BS back to a dealer? IMG_6990
Very nice. MY friends Bronco OB/Sasquatch arrived last week and is parked right outside our office so I have gone through it with a fine tooth comb. You made an excellent buy!!!! HIs is the same blue as yours.

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Yeah for my experience CarMax will definitely give you more than the dealers can. When I sold my full-size bronco the dealer said they were offering me 31 that eventually got up to 35 or 36 I can't remember, but we hadn't talked about other stuff so who knows if they would try to wiggle some other stuff in to make up for it. And carmax was offering me 41,000 for a bronco that I paid 32,000 out the door.

Also be careful with CarMax. They'll give you a week but prices can change. I saw my bronco go up and down $1,000 from one week to the next and then back up the next week.

but you got to remember when you trade in to the dealer. You're also getting a break on your sales tax so make sure and find out how much that break is and figure that into the cost as well. For my bronco carmax was offering me more even with the tax break and I should have checked it on my 22 Badlands.

Also just cuz the dealer's offering you a certain amount for your car. You got to make sure you figure that in with the price the car you're getting to cuz they might give you a bunch for your trade-in if they know that they're going to be able to get it back by making the price higher or if they know they can get you on an extra warranty or sell you on other stuff so make sure you're figuring it out with the price out the door.

Also, if you're wondering for my 22 bronco sport Badlands with premium package and falken tires with 14,520, mi. I think with a decent scratch on the driver's door and a decent stain on the top of the inside carpet on the roof, i don't know why I can't think of the word for that, I got 33,500. If I remember right it it was either that or 35,000.
Sponsored

Last edited: