RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I’m pretty sure if it fit tighter it would rub marks into the bumper and or vibrate. Not many ways to mount a skid in the front of these. I was looking yesterday at where one could be mounted and cover more. Really need a bumper skid option, just too much bs in the front to relocate.
Sponsored

OpieTheBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Finally lifted the BS with the H&R spring after researching all type of post around the web, after almost 100 miles it feels and drives like stock without any type noises or clunking sounds, the install was done by a friend that helped me and it was done on 3 hours, overall I am happy with the results and the stance it has now, if you have any questions I will happily try to reply them all, Cheers.

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0675.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0672.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0679.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0677.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_0576.JPEG
I really want to go this route with the springs, however the place I talked to about installation quoted me $780 for 6 hours of work. Did you do it yourself or have a shop install them?

bb_in_oc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
I really want to go this route with the springs, however the place I talked to about installation quoted me $780 for 6 hours of work. Did you do it yourself or have a shop install them?
there is now way a spring install should take even 3 hours, much less 6 hours. labor rate seems right though

OP
OP
AmauryJVL

AmauryJVL

Big Bend
First Name
Amaury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did it in a garage with floor jacks with my friend who is a BMW tech, started with the back first and took about an hour and later the front like like one hour and and half, realistically it can be done in three hours.

OpieTheBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Did it in a garage with floor jacks with my friend who is a BMW tech, started with the back first and took about an hour and later the front like like one hour and and half, realistically it can be done in three hours.
What tools did you need? i definitely don’t want to pay them for 2x as much labor if it can be done shorter. Or even do it myself if I have the tools.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Finally lifted the BS with the H&R spring after researching all type of post around the web, after almost 100 miles it feels and drives like stock without any type noises or clunking sounds, the install was done by a friend that helped me and it was done on 3 hours, overall I am happy with the results and the stance it has now, if you have any questions I will happily try to reply them all, Cheers.

It looks to be about the same height as my first edition, can you take a measurement from ground to the bottom of your driver side mirror? Looks great .

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) 3CBBA360-CB0B-43C6-B4AF-8600FF53C045

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) F9AE8E1A-6C8B-4829-8E8D-E2A4019C5714

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) 29A6813A-234F-4C08-B7F6-475FCDCC9189

OP
OP
AmauryJVL

AmauryJVL

Big Bend
First Name
Amaury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What tools did you need? i definitely don’t want to pay them for 2x as much labor if it can be done shorter. Or even do it myself if I have the tools.
the only specialty tool you will need is a spring compressor, and for the install I saw a video of RTR and HRG doing the installs to know how to disassemble the suspension.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
the only specialty tool you will need is a spring compressor, and for the install I saw a video of RTR and HRG doing the installs to know how to disassemble the suspension.
For those that don’t know, you can rent/borrow spring compressor tools from your local auto parts store.

OP
OP
AmauryJVL

AmauryJVL

Big Bend
First Name
Amaury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For those that don’t know, you can rent/borrow spring compressor tools from your local auto parts store.
Thanks for the information, forgot to add that I rented one from AutoZone

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Nice work, OP. Looks great.

Since lots of people are doing different lifts, is there any interest in standardizing the measurement process to encourage accurate comparisons? A comprehensive lift thread?

Any process that involves measuring from the ground will be unable to account for tire variations - even among stock tires at different pressures. In other vehicle forums, it is common to measure from the center of the wheel hub to the inside lip of the wheel well on each wheel. Summarized, the procedure is:

1. Park the vehicle on a level surface.

2. Measure the distance from the center of the wheel hub (or cap) to the inner lip of the wheel well, as close to vertical as possible. Do this for each wheel, as there may be variations in spring orientation and measuring all corners can help diagnose otherwise undetected issues.

If there is interest, we can start another thread to set the baseline measurements for different models, then begin to classify the measurements from different lifts so that prospective buyers can get an idea of what to expect based on the results of other installations. There will still be variations based on vehicle load and wear (the latter probably not a huge factor until later in the service life of the springs), but for a general idea, it may be helpful to consolidate measurements and photos of different lifts in one place with a standardized measurement method.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
How does this compare to their 1.5" kit? I've been looking at that for my Badlands (if the train ever decides to get on the move again)?
I could be wrong... but for those of us with the Badlands those springs cited here are not a suggested/recommended fit. Just for BB, OB and Base models...

I'm Leary to modify too much with these spacer kits as it might place un-intended pressure on other components of the suspension system. I want to place 245/70/17's on my Badlands... but will settle for adding 245/65/17s when the time comes...

No grinding out pinch welds or placing unanticipated pressure on other areas of the suspensions... Just be cautious on some modifications. As Badlands owners perhaps we should accept the added lift and change in suspension we seem to have and paid for...lol.. over others... my 2 cents

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_6567

OP
OP
AmauryJVL

AmauryJVL

Big Bend
First Name
Amaury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I could be wrong... but for those of us with the Badlands those springs cited here are not a suggested/recommended fit. Just for BB, OB and Base models...

I'm Leary to modify too much with these spacer kits as it might place un-intended pressure on other components of the suspension system. I want to place 245/70/17's on my Badlands... but will settle for adding 245/65/17s when the time comes...

No grinding out pinch welds or placing unanticipated pressure on other areas of the suspensions... Just be cautious on some modifications. As Badlands owners perhaps we should accept the added lift and change in suspension we seem to have and paid for...lol.. over others... my 2 cents

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) IMG_6567
This is from a friend here in PR, pictured here is a stock BL with the Wildpeaks 245/65R17, no modding, no cutting, no nothing. as a side note this are the wheels I have on my BB since he changed his to some Fifteen52's

Ford Bronco Sport H&R Springs installed (With Pictures) 273738229_474803207457934_8149978624789443170_n

OP
OP
AmauryJVL

AmauryJVL

Big Bend
First Name
Amaury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice work, OP. Looks great.

Since lots of people are doing different lifts, is there any interest in standardizing the measurement process to encourage accurate comparisons? A comprehensive lift thread?

Any process that involves measuring from the ground will be unable to account for tire variations - even among stock tires at different pressures. In other vehicle forums, it is common to measure from the center of the wheel hub to the inside lip of the wheel well on each wheel. Summarized, the procedure is:

1. Park the vehicle on a level surface.

2. Measure the distance from the center of the wheel hub (or cap) to the inner lip of the wheel well, as close to vertical as possible. Do this for each wheel, as there may be variations in spring orientation and measuring all corners can help diagnose otherwise undetected issues.

If there is interest, we can start another thread to set the baseline measurements for different models, then begin to classify the measurements from different lifts so that prospective buyers can get an idea of what to expect based on the results of other installations. There will still be variations based on vehicle load and wear (the latter probably not a huge factor until later in the service life of the springs), but for a general idea, it may be helpful to consolidate measurements and photos of different lifts in one place with a standardized measurement method.
Like your idea about the thread, Did not take a photo of it but I did the measuring from the hub and did see an increase in height.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Amaury, do you know if there are any springs available for the BL?
Sponsored