Grunt noise after brake pads recall replacement?

NashBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone else had an issue with the brakes grunting after you get your brake pads replaced due to the recall? I took my Big Bend in a few weeks ago for another noise (which is getting really annoying at this point), and the dealership, while they couldn't diagnose that issue, told me the brake pads were finally in. They replaced it, but then when I got it back, every time I braked at low speeds (like at a stop sign, red light, or parking) or let go of the brake, it would grunt really loudly. I brought it back to Ford, and insisted on a ride along. The technician instantly heard it and after ANOTHER week at the dealership, I just got it back and it still makes the noise, albeit much quieter.

Additionally, has anyone had a wind/buzz noise coming from the front of the vehicle upon acceleration?

For context, I purchased my Bronco Sport in April 2021. Since then it's just had random noise after random noise. I first took it in maybe May or June for a grumbling sound at lower speeds. They couldn't diagnose it, and a year later, thanks to this forum, I took it in again with the fix that one of y'all posted. They finally fixed it after 2 weeks in the shop. Then about a month ago, the car started making another noise. Only when accelerating, it would make this wind/buzz noise coming from the front of the vehicle. When I first took it in two weeks ago, they couldn't replicate it. So when I took it in again last week (because after they did the brake pads, as referenced above, the brakes started making noise), I rode along with a technician. He heard the noise and mentioned it could be normal because of the turbocharger, which is odd, because this just started after over a year of not doing that.

Also -- last time I took it in, they added nearly 90 miles to my vehicle. This time they've added 50 miles to my vehicle. Is that normal?

I'm so tired of taking it back to the dealership and being without a car days, sometimes weeks, at a time, only for them to not fix the problem or cause more issues. Has anyone had any luck with any of these issues? Or better yet, is anyone in the DC area and has had a good service advisor/dealership service dept they can recommend?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
50 or 90 miles for testing is decidedly not normal. Do you have a dash cam?

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone else had an issue with the brakes grunting after you get your brake pads replaced due to the recall? I took my Big Bend in a few weeks ago for another noise (which is getting really annoying at this point), and the dealership, while they couldn't diagnose that issue, told me the brake pads were finally in. They replaced it, but then when I got it back, every time I braked at low speeds (like at a stop sign, red light, or parking) or let go of the brake, it would grunt really loudly. I brought it back to Ford, and insisted on a ride along. The technician instantly heard it and after ANOTHER week at the dealership, I just got it back and it still makes the noise, albeit much quieter.

Additionally, has anyone had a wind/buzz noise coming from the front of the vehicle upon acceleration?

For context, I purchased my Bronco Sport in April 2021. Since then it's just had random noise after random noise. I first took it in maybe May or June for a grumbling sound at lower speeds. They couldn't diagnose it, and a year later, thanks to this forum, I took it in again with the fix that one of y'all posted. They finally fixed it after 2 weeks in the shop. Then about a month ago, the car started making another noise. Only when accelerating, it would make this wind/buzz noise coming from the front of the vehicle. When I first took it in two weeks ago, they couldn't replicate it. So when I took it in again last week (because after they did the brake pads, as referenced above, the brakes started making noise), I rode along with a technician. He heard the noise and mentioned it could be normal because of the turbocharger, which is odd, because this just started after over a year of not doing that.

Also -- last time I took it in, they added nearly 90 miles to my vehicle. This time they've added 50 miles to my vehicle. Is that normal?

I'm so tired of taking it back to the dealership and being without a car days, sometimes weeks, at a time, only for them to not fix the problem or cause more issues. Has anyone had any luck with any of these issues? Or better yet, is anyone in the DC area and has had a good service advisor/dealership service dept they can recommend?
Wow, first I have not heard about a solution to the brake pad issue. The last update I got was that they were still trying to figure out what to do. Mine definitely squeak/grunt on backing out first thing in the morning, then I don't notice anything after that. It doesn't bother me too much other than this is a new car ( I have the same model and about same age as you). As for 50 and 90 miles added to your vehicle, that sounds excessive and I would not take my car back to that place. Thanks for the update/post. I will checkign back to see how these brakes turn out.
Sponsored