SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi everyone! I've been lurking around for a while and finally registered as a member when I put my deposit down on my Alto Blue Big Bend at the end of June - scheduled to come in at the beginning of August. I sold my 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI on the 4th of July and literally finished all the transfer paperwork to the new owner on the 14th - got a call and my new Bronco Sport was delivered to the dealership -early- on July 15th :). This weekend was a lot of fun getting acquainted with all the features!

This upcoming weekend I'll be working on installing my dash cam (highly recommend through experience) and I'm glad to see several threads on that...I'll share any tips I figure out as well! Glad to be a part of the group!

Ford Bronco Sport Greetings from new Big Bend owner 20220717_201056948_iOS
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Welcome! That color looks fantastic in that setting.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I think that is the fastest order to delivery I have ever heard of, even before the current chaos.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Welcome aboard. Don't forget to wear your seatbelt. This ride can get a bit turbulent at times. :sunglasses:

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport
Love my own Alto Blue Big Bend, hope you love yours too! Congrats!

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Hi everyone! I've been lurking around for a while and finally registered as a member when I put my deposit down on my Alto Blue Big Bend at the end of June - scheduled to come in at the beginning of August. I sold my 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI on the 4th of July and literally finished all the transfer paperwork to the new owner on the 14th - got a call and my new Bronco Sport was delivered to the dealership -early- on July 15th :). This weekend was a lot of fun getting acquainted with all the features!

This upcoming weekend I'll be working on installing my dash cam (highly recommend through experience) and I'm glad to see several threads on that...I'll share any tips I figure out as well! Glad to be a part of the group!

20220717_201056948_iOS.jpg
What brand of dash cam are you running? Front only, or both front and rear? I’m in the market, my old one crapped out about six months ago. It was one of those cheap ones that take the place of your rear view mirror, so I couldn’t have used it on the BS anyway. So far I’m leaning towards the Garmin 67w front only, or the viofro (spelling?) for front and rear. Or maybe the thinkware, front and rear. there’s so many choices

OP
OP
SapphireCat

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My Big Bend was a dealer order; I got lucky because when I reached out to the dealer, it wasn't already spoken for and I was able to put a deposit down to hold it. I'm not sure when the dealer placed the order - my guess is that it is consistent with other wait times. :)

I think that is the fastest order to delivery I have ever heard of, even before the current chaos.

OP
OP
SapphireCat

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
What brand of dash cam are you running? Front only, or both front and rear? I’m in the market, my old one crapped out about six months ago. It was one of those cheap ones that take the place of your rear view mirror, so I couldn’t have used it on the BS anyway. So far I’m leaning towards the Garmin 67w front only, or the viofro (spelling?) for front and rear. Or maybe the thinkware, front and rear. there’s so many choices
Hello!
I am running a Viofo A119 V3 camera - it's a front only camera. I had one I really liked (Akaso) but ended up selling it with my VW. I got this one because it had the screen and was low profile. I have it up but have to work on the hardwiring this weekend. In retrospect, I probably would get one that did not have the screen so it fit better on the windshield. Additionally, while the video quality during the day is pretty good, this one seems noticeably worse at night (compared to my Akaso). This one I got on a deal on Amazon; it will work for my purposes for now. I may consider replacing it at some point down the road with one that blends in better on the windshield. Garmin and Thinkware come with a lot of recommendations and the few people I know with them like them.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hello!
I am running a Viofo A119 V3 camera - it's a front only camera. I had one I really liked (Akaso) but ended up selling it with my VW. I got this one because it had the screen and was low profile. I have it up but have to work on the hardwiring this weekend. In retrospect, I probably would get one that did not have the screen so it fit better on the windshield. Additionally, while the video quality during the day is pretty good, this one seems noticeably worse at night (compared to my Akaso). This one I got on a deal on Amazon; it will work for my purposes for now. I may consider replacing it at some point down the road with one that blends in better on the windshield. Garmin and Thinkware come with a lot of recommendations and the few people I know with them like them.
One thing to consider for dash cam installation is that you can pay Best Buy 59.99 (front cam only) to install them. I got a Thinkware FA200 installed for 79.99 (front and back cam installs), has wifi, , GPS, and even Thinkware sells an ODB-II adapter for the power so you dont have to wire into the fuse panel. Camera was 179 when i got it and with the ODB-II adapter, they were able to run the install in under an hour.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
One thing to consider for dash cam installation is that you can pay Best Buy 59.99 (front cam only) to install them. I got a Thinkware FA200 installed for 79.99 (front and back cam installs), has wifi, , GPS, and even Thinkware sells an ODB-II adapter for the power so you dont have to wire into the fuse panel. Camera was 179 when i got it and with the ODB-II adapter, they were able to run the install in under an hour.
There’s a new thing called Donger for power. You have to have a self dimming mirror. You pop out the power clip for the mirror, plug in the Donger, then plug the dash cam into that. The cord from the Donger is only about six inches long, so you have to mount the dash cam nearby. I only wish they had a Donger with two ports, so I could do a radar detector, too. https://dongar.tech/products/ford5pin
Sponsored