ReAct

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Went to Texas Bronco Off-Roadeo and had a great time. Drove the backroads, got fed, and got to run the courses and learn more technicals.

You don’t ride your BS, so no stress in damaging it. I recommend you go to one near you. If you go to Grey Wolf in TX, ask for Hollywood as your guide! Here’s our group pea ring driving off cliffs using trail control.
Sponsored

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
T
Went to Texas Bronco Off-Roadeo and had a great time. Drove the backroads, got fed, and got to run the courses and learn more technicals.

You don’t ride your BS, so no stress in damaging it. I recommend you go to one near you. If you go to Grey Wolf in TX, ask for Hollywood as your guide! Here’s our group pea ring driving off cliffs using trail control.
Wow! This scene (as depicted in previous advertisements) is the exact reason I used my vacation to fly to TX and attend the OffRoadeo in September...
Sadly, this course was only available to "Big Bronco" owners.
But we did get the same Yeti water bottle. Yeah? :-(
Glad you were able to do what we were disallowed from doing! The video is proof of what the BS can do!
Happy to own my BS FE, despite being a 2nd class Ford owner.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21

I wanted to take that turn but group went straight. I almost did it regardless but the day was young and the wife kept saying "don't get us kicked out!".

We had miss Hollywood as well, she's great.

Did you do the rally course at the end of the day?

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wanted to take that turn but group went straight. I almost did it regardless but the day was young and the wife kept saying "don't get us kicked out!".

In September we were told "No, the Rally Course is only for the Big Broncos."
We asked if we could do the Rally Course in Big Bronco ... but we're told "No, the Big Broncos have to be washed & prepared for the next Big Bronco tour."
This was very disappointing, as the advertisements clearly showed BS running the Rally Course.
Rubbing salt in the wound, at the meal, all the people who ordered (but not received) Big Broncos came-in gushing over the thrilling Rally Course experience.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We asked if we could do the Rally Course in Big Bronco ... but we're told "No, the Big Broncos have to be washed & prepared for the next Big Bronco tour."
This was very disappointing, as the advertisements clearly showed BS running the Rally Course.
Rubbing salt in the wound, at the meal, all the people who ordered (but not received) Big Broncos came-in gushing over the thrilling Rally Course experience.
It seems they are opening the course up. I got to do more than you and ReAct got to do more than I.

Troy

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I went in early March, and we did the rally course and that drop down

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It seems they are opening the course up. I got to do more than you and ReAct got to do more than I.
Yes, I pre-registred months before the OffRoadeo opened, when I bought my BS FE ... but couldn't attend until September.
They told us things like "BS are No Longer allowed to get airborne"
I guess there were troubles early-on which caused new rules for us.
Hopefully they've been ironed-out, and our peers can have some fun.

OP
OP
ReAct

ReAct

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

At first, I was the only one that wanted the “roller coaster” experience, so it was just me. But after everyone saw the BS didn’t flip over and burn, they all have it a go too.

Yeah, the last course was doing a few laps at the rally and trying to remember to hit the breaks at the two ramps so ya don’t go flying off the course.

I’ve had my FE for 9 months, and even though I’ve hit the backwoods, I’ve sorta babied it. This let me see how much it can really handle and I’ve been pushing it harder every since.

OP
OP
ReAct

ReAct

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That’s definitely bs, and not the drivable kind. I would’ve been really upset to go all the way down there and they never disclosed there would be no course.

They still keep part of it big bronco only, like the huge incline. I kept trying to con our way up it, but that was a no go.

OP
OP
ReAct

ReAct

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah, we did 5 total obstacles…so maybe by next year it’ll be wide open.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When they ask who likes roller coasters, make sure to say you do.
I asked if we would get wheels in the air and she said yes. Went over one small part that got the wheels up if you took the line for that.
I screwed up by taking the good line and all for stayed in the ground.

GA greek

Badlands
First Name
Vangie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
ReAct, this is Bronco 2 from the Off-rodeo :):).... Sure enjoyed sharing that awesome experience with you! Agree about Hollywood: :like: thumbs up for her teaching expertise/ knowledge base, confidence building skills ,ease of communication and playfulness... Really appreciated your willingness to share your experiences and perspectives as well --all of which added to what us baby off-roaders were able to learn... Lots of gratitude being sent your way!

Sharmie

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport (Badlands/Badlands pkg)

I second this! Was there that day and we had THE BEST time! The course at the end was the *chef’s kiss* of the day! Hollywood was fantastic and she showed us the backroads of Hill Country where we got to explore and really dig into all the the Sport can do. Highly recommend!
Sponsored