delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Saw a full sized beautiful blue Bronco today at a stop light. I pulled up behind it. Saw that it was so new that it didn't have a license plate - just a paper with the dealer's name would be where the license plate would go. Granger Motors. I live just shy of 1,000 miles from Granger Motors, but they made me a deal that put me at ease over the roadtrip. Clearly, I'm not the only one from the Atlanta area that feels that way. Pretty sad for the local dealers that Granger makes it worthwhile to do a 2,000 mile roundtrip road trip, but kudos to Granger for doing so!
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Saw a full sized beautiful blue Bronco today at a stop light. I pulled up behind it. Saw that it was so new that it didn't have a license plate - just a paper with the dealer's name would be where the license plate would go. Granger Motors. I live just shy of 1,000 miles from Granger Motors, but they made me a deal that put me at ease over the roadtrip. Clearly, I'm not the only one from the Atlanta area that feels that way. Pretty sad for the local dealers that Granger makes it worthwhile to do a 2,000 mile roundtrip road trip, but kudos to Granger for doing so!
They are a great dealership.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ll be making the Atlanta to Des Moines to Atlanta trip hopefully in late December sometime!

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be making the Atlanta to Des Moines to Atlanta trip hopefully in late December sometime!
Post about it here! Looking forward to hearing about your road trip home.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Couple of nights in a hotel, three day trip right? Food and gas.
I hope they took at least double that off MSRP.
King Ford, my Ford dealer is fifteen minutes away and about 125 miles from Atlanta. They have never charged above MSRP on any thing.
Just sayin….

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
King Ford, my Ford dealer is fifteen minutes away and about 125 miles from Atlanta. They have never charged above MSRP on any thing.
Just sayin….
They did! $4k under MSRP for a fully loaded BS BL. Plus I look forward to the road trip. I lived outside of Des Moines for a few years as a kid and want to see how the area has changed. Going to hit some “classic” road side attractions on the way back too (farm that was “attacked” by aliens in the 60’s, Captain Kirk’s birth place, etc.)

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sayin….
They made it completely worth the road trip. Even if we go as slow as your itinerary, although I anticipate 1 night in a hotel.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did! $4k under MSRP for a fully loaded BS BL. Plus I look forward to the road trip. I lived outside of Des Moines for a few years as a kid and want to see how the area has changed. Going to hit some “classic” road side attractions on the way back too (farm that was “attacked” by aliens in the 60’s, Captain Kirk’s birth place, etc.)
Ok That much under means they are catching up. My local dealer seems to always have two or three Bronco Sports and one Big Bronco.
From what I read in here, long wait times on special orders shows me they are putting those orders on the lower priority line if it’s called that and focusing on building dealer stock to help fill lots.
Production is picking up or the new cool car factor is easing up. Or both..

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok That much under means they are catching up. My local dealer seems to always have two or three Bronco Sports and one Big Bronco.
From what I read in here, long wait times on special orders shows me they are putting those orders on the lower priority line if it’s called that and focusing on building dealer stock to help fill lots.
Production is picking up or the new cool car factor is easing up. Or both..
It was inevitable. It's still a high demand vehicle, but it's also produced in massive numbers, so it is evening out, so to speak, at this point.

Even so - my local dealer - Gwinnett Place Ford - insisted on full MSRP. They honored x-plan pricing for me on the first BS that I bought from them earlier in the year, and this would be my 3rd new car purchase from them, but they wouldn't honor x-plan pricing on this second BS order. Which is total BS. The Granger deal was thousands better than Gwinnett offered me....so they not only lost the sale, but also lost me as a customer for any future new car purchases or maintenance. I don't mind the road-trip, at all. Looking forward to it, in fact. But that doesn't make me any less turned off by Gwinnett Place Ford's short-time thinking and treatment.

The air is leaving this BS bubble, so to speak. And then what? A smart dealer invests in it's customers for the day when they don't have the hot car on the market.

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Same thing over on the Mustang forums. Alot of people travel to buy from them. Iv seen guys fly there and drive there cars back home like a mini vacation/road trip.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granger is always offering below invoice on most vehicles. My Sport was 6% below invoice and my 2 door is 2k below invoice. When I bought my vehicles directly through Ford on the A plan or Z plan, I could walk in local but for the Bronco’s, few and far in between offering below MSRP yet alone below invoice. Plus, they are just really nice to work with. No pressure at finance and no nitrogen or etched vin add ons.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It was inevitable. It's still a high demand vehicle, but it's also produced in massive numbers, so it is evening out, so to speak, at this point.

Even so - my local dealer - Gwinnett Place Ford - insisted on full MSRP. They honored x-plan pricing for me on the first BS that I bought from them earlier in the year, and this would be my 3rd new car purchase from them, but they wouldn't honor x-plan pricing on this second BS order. Which is total BS. The Granger deal was thousands better than Gwinnett offered me....so they not only lost the sale, but also lost me as a customer for any future new car purchases or maintenance. I don't mind the road-trip, at all. Looking forward to it, in fact. But that doesn't make me any less turned off by Gwinnett Place Ford's short-time thinking and treatment.

The air is leaving this BS bubble, so to speak. And then what? A smart dealer invests in it's customers for the day when they don't have the hot car on the market.
Akins Ford in Athens has a good reputation and I was about to pull the trigger on a full size
Bronco Outer Banks with them when Ford turned off new retail orders. They still couldn't beat the Granger price though, and like you, I am looking forward to the road trip when the time comes!

00Doc

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 XLT, Ordered 2022 Bronco Sport BB
I picked my Big Bend in July from Grangers. Fly in on Southwest, picked up at the airport on arrival about 10:40, delivery done in less than an hour with no hassle. Drove 550 miles home by 9:00pm without any problems. Saved over $4000 from MSRP. The only frustrating part was the 6 month wait for Ford to build it!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked my Big Bend in July from Grangers. Fly in on Southwest, picked up at the airport on arrival about 10:40, delivery done in less than an hour with no hassle. Drove 550 miles home by 9:00pm without any problems. Saved over $4000 from MSRP. The only frustrating part was the 6 month wait for Ford to build it!
Pretty easy huh? They even pick you up. Can't beat that service. I did the same.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s good to see things shaking out so to speak.
Now, If they can shake out the AWD Maverick in about two years I’ll be very happy.
Sponsored