Trancos2002

Badlands
First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hello. What GOAT mode do you choose during heavy rain while driving on a highway?
Sponsored

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
As an aside, is it okay to switch between GOAT modes while driving? The manual doesn't say anything about it one way or the other that I found.

I was driving to work a couple weeks ago and it was dry at home, then 10 miles down the freeway was pouring rain with standing water on the road. I wanted to see if I noticed a difference, but wasn't sure if I should switch while moving?

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
As an aside, is it okay to switch between GOAT modes while driving? The manual doesn't say anything about it one way or the other that I found.

I was driving to work a couple weeks ago and it was dry at home, then 10 miles down the freeway was pouring rain with standing water on the road. I wanted to see if I noticed a difference, but wasn't sure if I should switch while moving?
I typically switch them while driving. I don't think it does enough to matter, mechanically. It's just an input command for the computer.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
For my loose steep gravel Switching to slippery retards the throttle, making it harder for a bump to cause your foot to move on the throttle and loose traction.
The few times I've been out in heavy rains slippery helped somewhat when a tire hydroplaned in a puddle.
I'll start my climb,
Switch to low,
Then to slippery, this I feel when the Slippery LED Indicator settles down and quits blinking.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I wouldn't put in any GOAT mode. Just make sure my traction control is not turned off and slow down to a speed that is below the hyrdoplane threshold. That is a lot more important than which GOAT mode.

OP
OP

Trancos2002

Badlands
First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Slippery for sure.
From user manual, Slippery
“Note: Do not use this mode when driving on dry pavement. This could cause driveline bind up and damage the system depending on the four-wheel drive mode selection.”

?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I wouldn't put in any GOAT mode. Just make sure my traction control is not turned off and slow down to a speed that is below the hyrdoplane threshold. That is a lot more important than which GOAT mode.
This. The AWD will take care of it. Nothing special is needed.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4

I agree with this also . If it was a freezing rain or snow , thats different .