GOAT mode default is supposed to be "normal" but mine is "slippery".....can it be changed?

Texbucky

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hmmm, so getting used to my new baby. I noticed that every time I get in the GOAT mode is on "slippery". In the manual it says the default should be "normal". Is there a way to change this? Anyone know so I don't have to go back to the dealer?

Thanks.
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Hmmm, so getting used to my new baby. I noticed that every time I get in the GOAT mode is on "slippery". In the manual it says the default should be "normal". Is there a way to change this? Anyone know so I don't have to go back to the dealer?

Thanks.
I'm not aware of any way to change that. I'd take that to the dealer for service immediately. If you forget to "turn that off" (since it's your default mode now) and drive in slippery mode on dry surfaces, it can damage the 4wd system.

From the vehicle manual....
Page 172 RE: 4WD System

Note: Do not use the four-wheel drive lock, the rear differential lock or off-road selectable drive modes on dry, hard surfaced roads. Doing so can produce excessive noise, increase tire wear and may damage drive components. These features are only intended for consistently slippery or loose surfaces. Operating your vehicle outside of these conditions could subject the vehicle to excessive stress, which may result in damage not covered under your warranty.

Pages 225/226 RE: Slippery Mode

Slippery
For less than ideal road conditions such as snow or ice covered roads. You can use this mode for crossing terrain where loose, wet or slippery materials covers a firm surface. Slippery mode lowers throttle response and optimizes shifting for slippery surfaces.

Note: Do not use this mode when driving on dry pavement. This could cause driveline bind up and damage the system depending on the four-wheel drive mode selection.