Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I will be getting windshield #3 (counting original) when I return to Canada. All chips/cracks were tiny rocks that spread into cracks almost immediately. All on highway, no gravel. Seems to chip very easily. Thank god I have insurance with 200.00 deductible as bill was 1800.00!
Sponsored

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yikes! I wonder if anyone has experience using silica-based sprays on windshields? I have not used the sprays before, but some folks seem to swear by them. Other than that, as my father would say......"don't drive close to people in front of you!" lol!

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I will look at options. Debris was from oncoming traffic. I have heard of plastic film similar to PPF, may explore that. I can't imagine deductibles staying this low with the pricing on newer windshields with all the electronics. Buddy has a Maserati, 18,000.00 windshield to be shipped from Italy πŸ™„

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I always read these windshield posts and specifically purchased windshield warranty from my dealer when I purchased my bronco sport expecting to have to use it. Over 10,000 miles so far and haven't had to use it yet. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself, but I have $5,000 worth of windshield coverage just sitting lol.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
My window tint shop offers a coating called SharpShield. This is the second vehicle I have used it on. I can’t say I have a lot of experience with it on my BS but it did a great job on my Golf R. I think it was about $400 but that is a lot cheaper than a windshield. Take a look at the website and decide if it is right for you.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I will be getting windshield #3 (counting original) when I return to Canada. All chips/cracks were tiny rocks that spread into cracks almost immediately. All on highway, no gravel. Seems to chip very easily. Thank god I have insurance with 200.00 deductible as bill was 1800.00!
I understand you! My second. $1000, $500 deductible. Hope I could get some film to protect it.

swamprabbit

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wonder if the more vertical position of the windshield is a factor. I used to own a Honda Element and had to have several windshields replaced on that due to I suspect the near-vertical front windshield.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You might consider installing the AVS Aeroskin Bug Shield. It's supposed to create a wind updraft that deflects bugs and pebbles. I've had mine for 6 months. So far it's been working...or I've just been lucky.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Wonder if the more vertical position of the windshield is a factor. I used to own a Honda Element and had to have several windshields replaced on that due to I suspect the near-vertical front windshield.
This is exactly the reason. It's not that they are using glass that chips easier. The shape is just more prone to a direct shot rather that a glancing blow.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
You might consider installing the AVS Aeroskin Bug Shield. It's supposed to create a wind updraft that deflects bugs and pebbles. I've had mine for 6 months. So far it's been working...or I've just been lucky.
Helps
Ford Bronco Sport Getting windshield #3 πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 563C635F-CF72-401D-B62F-A8E171EEB3FF

Ford Bronco Sport Getting windshield #3 πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ B801BDE5-DCD9-47B3-A3ED-F7F4D94276F9

OP
OP

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This is exactly the reason. It's not that they are using glass that chips easier. The shape is just more prone to a direct shot rather that a glancing blow.
It's no more upright than my F-150 but it is much lower to the ground.
Sponsored