Getting $100 Deposit Back on Cancelled Bronco Sport Order?

amesa18

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hey all,

Unfortunately I had to cancel my Bronco Sport order. I ordered the very first day and still have not received my Sport and now my lease was terminating soon. I found a 2020 Ford Edge ST and decided to get it at a different dealership. When I tried to call my previous dealership to unlock my Z Plan code, my new car salesman would not answer calls or emails. I decided to text him and got the attached text back. He was holding my Z Plan code hostage out of spite.

Luckily my neighbor is a New Car Sales Manager at the dealership I went to and called the dealership in question to get my Z Plan Code back, but I will forever tell people not to go to the former dealership.

So my question is, how do I get my Bronco Sport order removed from my name? I want my $100 back but know it’s under discretion of the dealership once the car is ordered (and again...mine was ordered day 1).

Any advice?

Ford Bronco Sport Getting $100 Deposit Back on Cancelled Bronco Sport Order? F1AA2F35-7BE1-4D17-A8A5-2B47E35D82BF

Ford Bronco Sport Getting $100 Deposit Back on Cancelled Bronco Sport Order? 81D48008-8D53-44F5-8E88-2BE57980ADAB
Sponsored

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Hey all,

Unfortunately I had to cancel my Bronco Sport order. I ordered the very first day and still have not received my Sport and now my lease was terminating soon. I found a 2020 Ford Edge ST and decided to get it at a different dealership. When I tried to call my previous dealership to unlock my Z Plan code, my new car salesman would not answer calls or emails. I decided to text him and got the attached text back. He was holding my Z Plan code hostage out of spite.

Luckily my neighbor is a New Car Sales Manager at the dealership I went to and called the dealership in question to get my Z Plan Code back, but I will forever tell people not to go to the former dealership.

So my question is, how do I get my Bronco Sport order removed from my name? I want my $100 back but know it’s under discretion of the dealership once the car is ordered (and again...mine was ordered day 1).

Any advice?

Ford Bronco Sport Getting $100 Deposit Back on Cancelled Bronco Sport Order? F1AA2F35-7BE1-4D17-A8A5-2B47E35D82BF

Ford Bronco Sport Getting $100 Deposit Back on Cancelled Bronco Sport Order? 81D48008-8D53-44F5-8E88-2BE57980ADAB
Wow, sounds like a nightmare and very unprofessional handling. Hope you get your deposit back.

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
Hey all,

Any advice?

Oh Jeeze! I hope you get the refund! When I cancelled my original order I got my $100 back within a couple days. The new EDGE ST’s look crazy nice though! Good luck with it!

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Hey all,

Any advice?

Maybe bypass the sales people and go to the business office? I got my Sport, but there was confusion about the $100 deposit. The confusion was from the sales end. I was told to go to the original order and cancel it. (Part of the confusion) I dealt with the people who actually cut the checks. They got it straightened out.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think getting the $100 back is the least of your worries. Getting them to move your Z plan code, now that's a different story.

Coretatted

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I also canceled my order and got a great deal on a 2020 Edge ST..its a great vehicle I'm happy..

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
that's so unfortunate. The guy I worked with actually emailed, said that's fine, it happens all the time, that's why we refund the deposit, it just ensures the vehicle gets built. I hope it works out for you...cash returned. How did I view that? Felt like he was a guy who treated me as a paying customer. I shared my info, hopefully someone gets a nice Bronco sport out of my order, the dealer get's a new customer...and I will go back to that dealer for future needs when chip and parts issues aren't a daily worry. The dealer has my utmost respect and was great through the whole process. I felt like I owed him one...that's how it should be.

OP
OP

amesa18

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
that's so unfortunate. The guy I worked with actually emailed, said that's fine, it happens all the time, that's why we refund the deposit, it just ensures the vehicle gets built. I hope it works out for you...cash returned. How did I view that? Felt like he was a guy who treated me as a paying customer. I shared my info, hopefully someone gets a nice Bronco sport out of my order, the dealer get's a new customer...and I will go back to that dealer for future needs when chip and parts issues aren't a daily worry. The dealer has my utmost respect and was great through the whole process. I felt like I owed him one...that's how it should be.
Yes I completely agree. Now I am going back and forth STILL with Ford about getting my refund. I tell them I do not want to communicate with the dealership anymore about it and they tell me they can’t do the cancellation and refund. That dealership received a very poor review from me and I’ve turned friends away from them. They lost more than just me as a customer.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I love his last response ? sorry as someone who has been in a combined 26 years of sales and sales management seeing that type of unprofessionalism just…. ?

I agree with the prior comment just talk to someone else and In person if at all possible.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I think getting the $100 back is the least of your worries. Getting them to move your Z plan code, now that's a different story.
Money is money, but I definitely agree with you. If it was $k maybe, but for $100 i'd probably let it slide so long as they released my Z plan pricing.
Sponsored