radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I wouldn't normally be one to bash a dealership...but holy cow, I was just told by Lakeland Ford that they cannot help me because I'm trying to add a part to a vehicle that didn't come with it. They refused to take my order. It's hilarious because I *just* bought the under-hood insulation from them last week. I'll be taking my business elsewhere, so if someone here has a suggestion/good experience with a dealer, please let me know. Just be aware certain dealers might refuse, I guess!

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So I desperately wanted a garage door opener in my 21 Bronco Sport but didn't want to resort to a clunky transmitter stuffed somewhere so I bit the bullet and purchased a sun visor from a 21 Escape Titanium.

Success! The plug is a 100% match. Color is a 100% match. Functionality is a 100% match. The only issue that some may see is that when you put it to the left of your head to block out the sun coming from the drivers window it does not pull out as far as the Bronco one does. It is a good 4-5 inches shorter that way but does not bother me as I never use it like that.

Caveat: a bit pricey at $290 and for most people not worth it, but I was willing to pay it to have a 100% OEM look. Part number is LJ6Z-7804105-CB.

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pic but you get the idea.

Ford Bronco Sport Garage door opener & sun visor from 2021 Escape Titanium : INSTALLED and CONFIRMED WORKING! 20211213_143037

Ford Bronco Sport Garage door opener & sun visor from 2021 Escape Titanium : INSTALLED and CONFIRMED WORKING! 20211213_143057
Got mine a month ago. Works and looks great. To me it was worth the money!!!
Les

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I wouldn't normally be one to bash a dealership...but holy cow, I was just told by Lakeland Ford that they cannot help me because I'm trying to add a part to a vehicle that didn't come with it. They refused to take my order. It's hilarious because I *just* bought the under-hood insulation from them last week. I'll be taking my business elsewhere, so if someone here has a suggestion/good experience with a dealer, please let me know. Just be aware certain dealers might refuse, I guess!
Order it from a dealer online. My dealer wanted $444. I found one online from a Ford dealer for $298. I'd have to look up the dealer i bought it from. I got it in about 10 days.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Order it from a dealer online. My dealer wanted $444. I found one online from a Ford dealer for $298. I'd have to look up the dealer i bought it from. I got it in about 10 days.
I will definitely go this route. Only reason I used Lakeland before was the amazing price they had for the underhood insulation... which installed like a charm. Too bad that's the last business they'll get from me! Thank you!!

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
The easiest way around that (if you are dead-set on using that site) is to grab a VIN from a 2022 BS with the UGDO. Done!

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The easiest way around that (if you are dead-set on using that site) is to grab a VIN from a 2022 BS with the UGDO. Done!
True...but that would require needing the part number! Which they wouldn't even search out for me LOL.

zhatt

First Edition
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I got mine from cheaperfordparts.com which is a Sacramento Ford dealer. Paid $304. They emailed to confirm since the VIN wasn't an Escape. I ordered on 12/27 and got it on 1/3.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Not much for searching, eh?
I have the part number for the Escape obviously thanks to you! I was just really hopeful they'd locate the one for the 22 BS since they had been helpful in the past. I've certainly been doing my homework... but I may just settle for the Escape one anyway. I just like as close to OEM as possible.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I have the part number for the Escape obviously thanks to you! I was just really hopeful they'd locate the one for the 22 BS since they had been helpful in the past. I've certainly been doing my homework... but I may just settle for the Escape one anyway. I just like as close to OEM as possible.
Gotcha!

Just spoke with my parts guy and he says 22 BS parts are slowly registering in their system. Still coming up with 21 parts so it seems to still be too soon. He did find a sun visor from a 22 BS VIN with the UGDO but it's coming up way too cheap. Like in the $150 range so he believes it might be an error. He's going to order it and chance it. If it's not with the UGDO he'll just return it. I'll update if he orders and when it come in so we can hopefully lock down a 22 part number.

Beyond that, I don't think you'll find anything closer to OEM than an Escape sun visor and I'll bet you a chicken dinner they will be the exact same part except for them 'rebranding' the Escape one with a BS part number.
Sponsored

Last edited: