bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Subaru uses a Gentex mirror with garage controls on a few of their models (at least, they used to). It seems to be good product.
I think, based off another post, the problem is that plastic trim right above the mirror makes some of those Gentex mirrors unusable on the BS.

TK4261

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does the Escape visor support more than one Garage/Gate? We have a remote security front gate at our Condo community and it would be great if the visor supported multiple devices.

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi Barry,
Thanks for the information. I'm like you I want the total EOM look like you do, and not something stuck to the dash! It sure looks like exact match! I'm going to order one today!

Les

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi again Barry,

Question. I'm getting ready to order the visor but.......I've seen prices online (and from my dealer who wants the $444) range from $298 to $444. Do you know if the visor comes with and without the opener under the same part number? That's a pretty big difference for the same part!
Thanks,
Les

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Does the Escape visor support more than one Garage/Gate? We have a remote security front gate at our Condo community and it would be great if the visor supported multiple devices.
It has three physical buttons so I assume that means it can support up to three different doors/openers.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Hi Barry,
Thanks for the information. I'm like you I want the total EOM look like you do, and not something stuck to the dash! It sure looks like exact match! I'm going to order one today!

Les
It is. The color is identical. No difference whatsoever, minus the actual mount which is hidden behind the trim.

Hi again Barry,

Question. I'm getting ready to order the visor but.......I've seen prices online (and from my dealer who wants the $444) range from $298 to $444. Do you know if the visor comes with and without the opener under the same part number? That's a pretty big difference for the same part!
Thanks,
Les
Les,

Thats standard. Online prices from different dealers vary in prices. When I ordered the bumper to add the towing package I found online prices from $430 up to $690.

The visor with the remote is the only visor under that part number. The visor without the remote (for Escape SEL, SE, S) sells for around $125.

Just make sure it's the part number I listed. After that just go for whichever dealer is the cheapest.

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I've been considering something like this. Anyone use one of these?
I was considering the mirror, but the place I checked with wanted $300 to install it. It may not be that hard to install, but since the wiring had to be modified, I didn't want to fool with that! It's not just plug and play!

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It is. The color is identical. No difference whatsoever, minus the actual mount which is hidden behind the trim.

Les,

Thats standard. Online prices from different dealers vary in prices. When I ordered the bumper to add the towing package I found online prices from $430 up to $690.

The visor with the remote is the only visor under that part number. The visor without the remote (for Escape SEL, SE, S) sells for around $125.

Just make sure it's the part number I listed. After that just go for whichever dealer is the cheapest.
Thanks Barry, I appreciate the help!!!

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I was considering the mirror, but the place I checked with wanted $300 to install it. It may not be that hard to install, but since the wiring had to be modified, I didn't want to fool with that! It's not just plug and play!
From what I saw, the Gentex mirror costs around $200 and, honestly looks really good. But it also needs a $15 adapter to make the 'neck' longer to clear the black plastic trim*. So right there you're already at around $215 for an aftermarket solution. Additionally, like you, I did not want to cut/modify existing wiring.

I mean, if you can find the mirror either used, or cheaper than $200 and don't mind modifying the wiring by all means do it and save the money. For me, it only made sense to pay an extra $75 for a 100% factory part, that 100% plugs into a factory plug, that 100% matches the interior. No modifications required.

*Source: https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/homelink-auto-dimming-mirror-installation.3881/

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
For me, it only made sense to pay an extra $75 for a 100% factory part, that 100% plugs into a factory plug, that 100% matches the interior. No modifications required.
I get it. There are times OEM just works better. But I've been a DIYer and tinkerer my entire life (I once dismantled my Mom's countertop mixer just to see how it worked; that nearly cost me a paddling!), so aftermarket installs make sense to me for things I'm not going to bet my life on.

BTW, I avoided a paddling by putting Mom's mixer back together--and I didn't even have any leftover parts!

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So I desperately wanted a garage door opener in my 21 Bronco Sport but didn't want to resort to a clunky transmitter stuffed somewhere so I bit the bullet and purchased a sun visor from a 21 Escape Titanium.

Success! The plug is a 100% match. Color is a 100% match. Functionality is a 100% match. The only issue that some may see is that when you put it to the left of your head to block out the sun coming from the drivers window it does not pull out as far as the Bronco one does. It is a good 4-5 inches shorter that way but does not bother me as I never use it like that.

Caveat: a bit pricey at $290 and for most people not worth it, but I was willing to pay it to have a 100% OEM look. Part number is LJ6Z-7804105-CB.

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pic but you get the idea.

Ford Bronco Sport Garage door opener & sun visor from 2021 Escape Titanium : INSTALLED and CONFIRMED WORKING! 20211213_143037

Ford Bronco Sport Garage door opener & sun visor from 2021 Escape Titanium : INSTALLED and CONFIRMED WORKING! 20211213_143057
I just ordered one. How long did it take to get your sunvisor. Also just stopped by my Ford dealer and looking in a Titanium Escape. Like you said, it's an exact match!!!

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I just ordered one. How long did it take to get your sunvisor. Also just stopped by my Ford dealer and looking in a Titanium Escape. Like you said, it's an exact match!!!
Took, maybe three days. Seems like, at least in my area, things are taking a littlelonger than normal.

I told you it's a match.

BMAC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2017 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sp.
Barry thanks for the post and info. For clarification, where are you getting the power to run your new OEM Escape Door Opener? Are you unplugging the light that comes with the lighted mirror in the Bronco Sport in order to power the new Escape Door Opener?
Sponsored