Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We had some fun with our Bronco brethren from the Chicagoland Bronco Club.
Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited C40CD19B-26C0-49D4-9F11-4494079BD420
Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited FA415571-69E2-405E-9AC1-D1387457BD8F

Fun people with some really cool rides!

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited A471FF23-A4B2-4047-B071-207159C09AE8

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 8902A063-4E2A-4CD1-847D-E2B244FE5932

We went on a lot of fun trails, a Little Rock climbing, and a lot of fun sand.

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 9353A343-0463-4001-A8C3-BB4D3260E890

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 61763F5F-5023-40D1-90CE-1C801F433F62

Winnie was tired and enjoyed a little bath!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
I have to point out that in the second pic, there’s an imposter among them. 😂

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Steve (@Winds of Change) was a lot of fun and I hope he posts pictures of his dirty ride too. We hope more Midwest people, looking at you @Mark S., will join next time.
I didn't plan on getting a lift put in. But now I am wondering, where is that HRG phone number.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Steve (@Winds of Change) was a lot of fun and I hope he posts pictures of his dirty ride too. We hope more Midwest people, looking at you @Mark S., will join next time.
Woulda been there, but this trip to visit G-kids was on the schedule first. We had a good time here: got to take the boys for their first airplane ride.

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 3C2AF845-A938-4EFC-BFDB-59AAF407FD7D

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
We had some fun with our Bronco brethren from the Chicagoland Bronco Club.
Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited C40CD19B-26C0-49D4-9F11-4494079BD420
Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited FA415571-69E2-405E-9AC1-D1387457BD8F

Fun people with some really cool rides!

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited A471FF23-A4B2-4047-B071-207159C09AE8

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 8902A063-4E2A-4CD1-847D-E2B244FE5932

We went on a lot of fun trails, a Little Rock climbing, and a lot of fun sand.

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 9353A343-0463-4001-A8C3-BB4D3260E890

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 61763F5F-5023-40D1-90CE-1C801F433F62

Winnie was tired and enjoyed a little bath!
Would a Bronco Sport Big Bend have survived it?

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Would a Bronco Sport Big Bend have survived it?
Survived, yes. But there are parts where the extra capabilities of the Badlands/Heritage Limited really helped, especially the severely uneven or rockier terrain.

But that being said, the first trail ride I did in Normal mode which several of the Bronco owners (and one Sport owner) first said was dumb but then said they were impressed it made it. When mud/ruts was turned on, it made things a bit easier on the harder trails. And rock crawl was needed in the rocks for sure. But the part I thought was quite fun was the softer sand and Sand mode did great.

If you want to have fun in the Big Bend, I’d suggest going to some place like Badlands Off-road Park and gradually keep increasing the difficulty. And you have plenty of people that love to help if you get in a bind.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Survived, yes. But there are parts where the extra capabilities of the Badlands/Heritage Limited really helped, especially the severely uneven or rockier terrain.

But that being said, the first trail ride I did in Normal mode which several of the Bronco owners (and one Sport owner) first said was dumb but then said they were impressed it made it. When mud/ruts was turned on, it made things a bit easier on the harder trails. And rock crawl was needed in the rocks for sure. But the part I thought was quite fun was the softer sand and Sand mode did great.

If you want to have fun in the Big Bend, I’d suggest going to some place like Badlands Off-road Park and gradually keep increasing the difficulty. And you have plenty of people that love to help if you get in a bind.
I appreciate the input. I've done some mud and ruts in the Blue Ridge mountain area around Linville Gorge. Definitely avoided any rock climbing. Next time we're at the NC coast, I plan to tackle some sand.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Woulda been there, but this trip to visit G-kids was on the schedule first. We had a good time here: got to take the boys for their first airplane ride.

Ford Bronco Sport Fun Sunday at Badlands Park Indiana with Bronco Sport Heritage Limited 3C2AF845-A938-4EFC-BFDB-59AAF407FD7D
I have a friend who is a pilot. I can say I love it when I can go up with him.

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport

From what I've seen having my badlands before and now in the heritage limited. I personally think that even if you're in normal mode, it'll engage the clutch disc in the center and the rear to stop slippage cuz I've driven through some crazy stuff in normal mode and and it seem to make it through without any slippage but I'm not positive on that. But for my experience with my older escape which had a pretty similar, I will drive system. They're still really amazing, even without the badlands package and a good set of tires will do wonders.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
From what I've seen having my badlands before and now in the heritage limited. I personally think that even if you're in normal mode, it'll engage the clutch disc in the center and the rear to stop slippage cuz I've driven through some crazy stuff in normal mode and and it seem to make it through without any slippage but I'm not positive on that. But for my experience with my older escape which had a pretty similar, I will drive system. They're still really amazing, even without the badlands package and a good set of tires will do wonders.
Did I say dumb? I'm sorry.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
From what I've seen having I've driven through some crazy stuff in normal mode and and it seem to make it through without any slippage but I'm not positive on that.
Ford's Intelligent 4WD system uses all the goodies available, including torque vectoring via brake application. This feature does a pretty good job of emulating lockers, so that might've been what got you through those gnarly spots.

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Did I say dumb? I'm sorry.
Oh I don't care. I just want to mention that to me it seems like it'll do what it needs to do no matter what mode it's in.
Sponsored