FriscoOBX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was curious as to thoughts regarding the use of fuel injector cleaners on the Bronco Sport Badlands? I have about 14,000 miles on my '22 and have not done anything as of yet. Any recommendations or guidance?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you stick with top tier gasoline you shouldn't have any issues with dirty injectors. If you're one of those better-safe-than-sorry folks you can use any cleaner with Techron, which is the detergent additive Chevron uses in all the gasoline it sells.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Rough idle or poor gas mileage? Suspect low quality fuel?

I wouldn‘t have expected this topic to come up for quite some time in these rooms. In fact, it’s not on the maintenance schedule for any of my vehicles. But some have old ideas and an itch to scratch. Harmless feel-good action yes… necessary… no

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Don’t you think if an additive was needed that Ford would be marketing one as preventative/required maintenance? 50 years ago the manufacturers weren’t looking for follow on income and we all took care of our own vehicles. Today I believe if there is a buck to be earned they would capitalize on it.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
I would use Chevron Techron, mentioned above. Haven't used it in a while. Have one in the garage.

Recently purchased a three pack of BG 44K based on recommendation I saw online (Fordtechmakuloco?) and reading reviews. Haven't used it yet, as will be selling vehicles. Will use in '22 FE and '23 BS at oil changes.

Last edited:

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I was curious as to thoughts regarding the use of fuel injector cleaners on the Bronco Sport Badlands? I have about 14,000 miles on my '22 and have not done anything as of yet. Any recommendations or guidance?
Hi There,
I agree that when using top quality fuel and have oil changes more often a cleaning additive is not really needed. However, as some mentioned, some of us want to be extra nice to our Bronco engine. Since these are Direct Injection engines ( and yes... in combination with regular injection) I recommend Liqui Moly DIJectron ... which was especially developed for DI engines. I talked to tech personnel at some of the biggest names for fuel additives and Liqui Moly made the best impression on me.