Fuel delivery module problem

Sabine

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Am I the only one having this problem with my BS Big Bend? The fuel delivery module was known to be faulty since July 20. Built in early September, delivered in early October, my Bronco is not covered by the recall. It begs the question why my car has the problem nonetheless.
Almost 3 weeks ago it wouldn't start. "Check engine light" when it finally did just before getting it towed. I am lucky that it happened in a parking lot and not on the highway or up north in the bush on an icefishing trip. It can just stall while driving.
So my much loved Bronco has been sitting in the dealer's parking lot ever since. I was No. ~470 (I guess in Ontario) back then, in line to get the module replaced, now down to around No. 130. They cannot tell me how long it will take for a new shipment of modules to arrive. Days? Weeks? Months even? The dealer can't say.
Did anyone here have the same problem? How long did it take?
Thanks for letting me vent.
I just want my Bronco back ? .
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Am I the only one having this problem with my BS Big Bend? The fuel delivery module was known to be faulty since July 20. Built in early September, delivered in early October, my Bronco is not covered by the recall. It begs the question why my car has the problem nonetheless.
Almost 3 weeks ago it wouldn't start. "Check engine light" when it finally did just before getting it towed. I am lucky that it happened in a parking lot and not on the highway or up north in the bush on an icefishing trip. It can just stall while driving.
So my much loved Bronco has been sitting in the dealer's parking lot ever since. I was No. ~470 (I guess in Ontario) back then, in line to get the module replaced, now down to around No. 130. They cannot tell me how long it will take for a new shipment of modules to arrive. Days? Weeks? Months even? The dealer can't say.
Did anyone here have the same problem? How long did it take?
Thanks for letting me vent.
I just want my Bronco back ? .
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!

OP
OP
Sabine

Sabine

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Bronco has been sitting in the Ford dealership's parking lot for 5 weeks now. No word from them as to when I will get it back.
Being told that there were already over 400 Broncos down with this problem back then, and not enough modules to repair them, I'm surprised that there's no one on his forum who is in the same situation.
I reached out to Ford Canada via social media, got referred to someone who said he was going to look into it and would call me back the next day. That was last week Wednesday.
I am thoroughly... ? ... "bleep" with Ford.
After all, if they can build new Broncos they should also have the parts to repair them.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
OP
OP
Sabine

Sabine

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes. But I bought a car because I need a car. They are still producing Broncos - with the module known to be faulty?
I wonder if I can return the car and get my money back. Seriously. I love(d) the Bronco but not knowing how long it's gonna take is not making me happy.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes. But I bought a car because I need a car. They are still producing Broncos - with the module known to be faulty?
I wonder if I can return the car and get my money back. Seriously. I love(d) the Bronco but not knowing how long it's gonna take is not making me happy.
It's frustrating when you have a mechanical issue with a brand-new purchase, especially one as expensive as a new car. But try as we might, humans have yet to achieve perfection in product manufacturing. What that means is you can expect a given percentage of any manufactured product to leave the production line with a defective part or parts. Your car happened to be among the unlucky few. I think the fact the defective part in your case happens to be the subject of an earlier recall is just a coincidence.

I completely agree with you that five weeks in the shop is unacceptable, but if there are no parts available Ford cannot fix your car. You do have options. Check the Lemon Law in your State. Most have a clause that allows you to make a claim if the vehicle is in the shop for more than 30 consecutive days.

OP
OP
Sabine

Sabine

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you for the info. Looking into it now.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did they say what was wrong with it?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It was the fuel delivery module. Supply chain issues to get it replaced.
I was wondering is they said if the motor went bad, wiring or something else, actual cause.